Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday 2 Discussion Thread

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Announcing your album ahead of time is frowned on now lmaoooo. Wtf is happening???

Lol..

If she generates a single that catches fire, she has an "excuse" to move her date up..

If she doesn't generate enough interest, those singles are considered "warmups"..

The people who press GO on releasing funds for an album are CLEARLY nervous...

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
No point to announce a album this early and by October there would be 6 songs already released
If she's pressing vinyls it makes sense. Unlike 99% of rappers, she actually has a fanbase that buys shyt

It also gives her team ample time to recalibrate if her next single doesn't take off

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
How do you feel about Nicki claiming for a long time to not wanting to do features with other female rappers to recently doing features with female rappers
She’s always worked with female rappers .

Just doing it a lot more now .

I mean she tried with remy and foxy for pink print .

Got a song with dej loaf that never came out but she took her on tour .

She tried to put azelia in her tour but she was working on her album .

I completely agree she should have worked with female rappers more in the past . She got a few with Trina .

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I think that one of these female artist has a chance to make this generation’s Miseducation type album. Nicki is the closest but Meg is creeping up. When she comes back expect a MAJOR push. They may not be as talented as Lauryn, but one of the Rap ladies are gonna drop certified moment defining classic (like Cardi did, what, six years ago now?)

I said that to say, Nicki might be bout to drop a classic. She kinda has to at this point. She like Lebron with the stats and career but she need another ring real bad right now.
Not possible. Legacy artist can never drop anything close to impactful as a miseducation or cardi debut.

Cause they have nothing to talk about.

Them kinda albums come at debut because you have stories from 18-20 years prior to tell.

It don’t happened when you 40. Cause your life has been a star for years at that point.

She’s gonna come out and make tracks with some trendy artist, still trying to show she can rap better than the female rappers like anyone cares.

Have probably 1 or 2 dope songs with depth to them and that’s it.

Roxx the King

www.RoxxAlott.com
Daps
Reppin
Norfolk, VA
Not possible. Legacy artist can never drop anything close to impactful as a miseducation or cardi debut.

Them kinda albums come at debut because you have stories from 18-20 years prior to tell.

It don’t happened when you 40. Cause your life has been a star for years at that point.

She’s gonna come out and make tracks with some trendy artist, still trying to show she can rap better than the female rappers like anyone cares.

You make a good point. Maybe I just hope she does. I’m not her target fan base but I’ve always really liked her rap style and technical ability. She likely is shooting for a big commercial hit but she probably can’t make the kind of music that has that impact at this point in her career. Fingers crossed. I still think Meg has a chance when she ends her hiatus also.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps

Her life is completely different she’s married , had a baby also lost a parent .

Also please don’t put that Bronx rat in the same space as ms hill.

Onika already has a classic album and mixtape.

Only thing I agree with is I need more songs like this .