Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday 2 Discussion Thread

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
A lot of potential hits on this album. I wonder if this will get the SOS SZA album treatment and ring out a lot in 2024
Facts I need the right singles to be chosen .

When it starts warming up some of these other records gonna start taking off .

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
:ohhh:

Is this the first time in a while Drake been featured on a album and no stimulus talk because other songs are just as good or better ?

shyt even the uzi song people saying should have been solo cause uzi didn’t really add anything .
Eh..

Drake was on Gunna album and it wasn't a stimulus at all. His song wasn't even added until days after the album came out and it did well regardless

Gunna's not as established as Nicki tho

Thinking back, the last real Drake stimulus package album was probably Jack Harlow's

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
What are we considering the stimulus package exactly

Thug, khaled and travis are just frequent collaborators at this point. They are just as likely to be on drake's album as drake is their's

Jack Harlow will probably never be on a drake album
Still a stimulus. Those albums aint selling as much without them Drake songs minus Utopia probably.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Still a stimulus. Those albums aint selling as much without them Drake songs minus Utopia probably.
Eh

Khaled had God Did as the lead single

Thug couldn't do a proper rollout since he was behind bars and his albums don't sell like that anyway

Travis as we mentioned would probably have done the same numbers

I don't see any of these as stimulus package albums whatsoever

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Eh

Khaled had God Did as the lead single

Thug couldn't do a proper rollout since he was behind bars and his albums don't sell like that anyway

Travis as we mentioned would probably have done the same numbers

I don't see any of these as stimulus package albums whatsoever
I was talking bout Khaled's next album that he keeps saying has 2 new Drake songs. He def using that stimulus for promo.

Thugga album wouldnt have gon number one without those two Drake features.

Meltdown went number one on billboard so Travis numbers would def be affected without that song.

Drake stays saving rappers careers.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
This might be her best work, and solidifies to me these other rap girls aren't anywhere close to her. After hearing all the music from the other girls all year long and then you get this from Nicki, I kind of see why she gets easily agitated and offended. :russ:
Nicki to me is like The Game (was less extreme but it’s the best example I have). If it was just music they’d never be questioned about where they stand but they move so sloppily as people that it messes the music up at times.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
I agree.
A lot of over-reliance on samples is another issue too and she's not even being that creative with it.
That first track is pretty much a Billie Eilish feat. Nicki song and it's trash too.

Right. Like if we're keeping "Super Freaky Girl" we don't need the "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" flip, for example. Take the best 13, sequence them shyts properly and she got at least an 8/10 album IMO. The constant need to release bloated albums for streaming purposes really takes away from the individual albums overall quality. Having it be a sequel doesn't help either.

Oh and I think they said the Billie song was a sample.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
A lot of potential hits on this album. I wonder if this will get the SOS SZA album treatment and ring out a lot in 2024

Bruh, stick to critiquing Nicki Minaj albums.

You really don't want none of htis.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
When you say female MC what does that even mean?

Doja Cat is a better artist. And her album was better.

And she didn’t need over 20 songs and hella features.

Doja Cat > Nikki.

In fact the few songs I listened to seems to be inspired by Doja Cat :mjlol:
Doja is literally Nicki’s child. lol. Ur wildin.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Not gonna listen but rap sequel albums have always been so corny and Stupid (minus ob4cl)