Nick Saban, welcome to Austin, TX (UPDATE: regent confirms Saban wanted Texas/dtown vindicated!)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
How is Saban still being talked about? Do people think he still will leave Bama? I can't see him leaving. Think it will be Strong.
only one person on planet Earth is talking about Saban to Texas and thats @dtownreppin214.

Strong could have his presser, sign the contract and Dtown gonna still talk about "Saban is considering."

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
@dtownreppin214 wasn't lying. Sabans offer was still on the table. I don't think he ever actually signed that extension and even if he did there was no buyout. Saban was #1, Fisher #2 and Strong was #3. What sped up the timeline was Al Golden being offered the Penn St. position which meant Strong would likely be offered the Miami position. Patterson(AD) couldn't risk waiting on a decision from Saban and Fisher and losing Fisher in the long run so the trigger was pulled.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
my guy just said we got turned down, flat out. sexton and patterson are close from patterson's nba days. he tried to rekindle the fire, practically begged the past few days, but fact of the matter is, mack brown and deloss dodds soiled saban/sec's image to president powers. after that saban signed the new contract and it was an uphill battle from there. congrats to bama for keeping their coach, i'm happy with mine.

@dtownreppin214 wasn't lying. Sabans offer was still on the table. I don't think he ever actually signed that extension and even if he did there was no buyout. Saban was #1, Fisher #2 and Strong was #3. What sped up the timeline was Al Golden being offered the Penn St. position which meant Strong would likely be offered the Miami position. Patterson(AD) couldn't risk waiting on a decision from Saban and Fisher and losing Fisher in the long run so the trigger was pulled.
don't think we were worried about miami. they are cheap. even louisville can outbid miami.

He was using y'all to get more money.
he had legitimate interest, there is no harm in admitting that.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
my guy just said we got turned down, flat out. sexton and patterson are close from patterson's nba days. he tried to rekindle the fire, practically begged the past few days, but fact of the matter is, mack brown and deloss dodds soiled saban/sec's image to president powers. after that saban signed the new contract and it was an uphill battle from there. congrats to bama for keeping their coach, i'm happy with mine.

don't think we were worried about miami. they are cheap. even louisville can outbid miami.

he had legitimate interest, there is no harm in admitting that.

Wasn't worried about a bidding war, more worried about him accepting that position(Miami) before we formally offered, if we had too. Earliest we could have interviewed Jimbo would be Tuesday of next week.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps

:newport::cutlerfoh:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dang, I'm late. is black excellence really coming to UT?:blessed:

Louisville brehs? how do yall feel about Bedford as your DC? Is he coming for more black excellence? :blessed:Come home Vance and start the black excellence dynasty :blessed:Heard coming in next year to learn under these black men. Please let this be true.:gladbron: