Nick Saban, welcome to Austin, TX (UPDATE: regent confirms Saban wanted Texas/dtown vindicated!)

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Maybe this has already been discussed, but with the current administrative situation at Texas (meddling boosters, Gov Perry, the Board of Regents in Texas) why would Saban want to leave to deal with that?

Pete Thamel of SI.com has a good article in there now talking about it

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Maybe this has already been discussed, but with the current administrative situation at Texas (meddling boosters, Gov Perry, the Board of Regents in Texas) why would Saban want to leave to deal with that?

10 mil and 1% of the longhorn network :ld:

and he'd do anything for snookems

Terry-Saban.jpg

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

that's a fair point. i honestly think saban is just a dude who gets bored when he's in one place too long. he's wired like larry brown. the top 2 jobs are texas and usc, the fact that texas opened up coincided perfectly with that auburn loss.

also rick perry will be out soon and his mole regents will be too. the boosters who were used to getting daily phone calls from mack will either learn to adjust or die crying about it.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Breh how much truth is in this thread? We just having fun out here. Do we wanna keep Saban? Ofcourse! Am I gonna cry in the car if Saban leaves? You damn right. But this is The mighty fukkin Tide we talkin bout here we aint going nowhere. No sense in being a lil bytch and gettin in our feelings when we cant do anything about whats goin on.

Mack getting kicked to the curb is true. The news is coming slowly besides that, but there ain't been a lot wrong.

Even if it's jokes. Saban is a mercenary. I'd never be loyal to a man that's known for disloyalty.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with Dtown. I think Auburn loss really opened up the door for Texas. If Saban was playing in a 3rd national championship in a row he probably would've stayed in Bama. The loss to Auburn gave him a way to exit. And he probably sees Texas as his last huge payday. I mean 1 percent of the Longhorn Network is money for his family for 10 generations.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
BbKx3LaCEAAmNDC.jpg

Bama fans gonna be at the stadium with fire and pitchforks. :laff:

Some dude gonna drive his trailer/motorhome and hook it up like they did Saddam's statue. :russ: