Nick Saban is a bytch

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
I'm from Bama and I've been a t
Tide fan most of my life but let's be real...

This root of his thought process is why Saban couldn't cut it in the NFL.

In the league the difference in Talent between teams is isn't anywhere near as great as even the SEC.

You can't "have a good draft" (recruitment) one year and your team is headed to playoff glory, it almost never works like that.

You can't cut players and magically have a strong replacement from JUCO. If you cut a player you have to pull from a bunch of players that no one really wanted to replace him (unless its in free agency)

You have a GM and usually that person is responsible for getting the pieces needed.

You can't "brown bag" people to convince them to come to your team, that have to come through the draft or free agency.

You can't talk to players however you feel like because chances are they make more than you and you're getting fired before they do. These are men with families, not boys with books.

Saban doesn't do very well when everyone's on a more even playing field and he has to actually coach with different coaching styles for different players rather than the Bellichekian tyrant style that stopped working every where outside New England 20 years ago.
I DONT GIVE A PISS BOUT NOTHING BUT THE TIDE BABY!!!

Mr.bocario

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
I’m all for players getting compensated but this new “system” is trash. Every year is basically free agency with your entire roster. You can’t coach that shyt long term.

Welcome to the free market . If you want these players to stop jumping ship every year that means you have to have them sign contracts and compensate them for their time

Aka revenue sharing and paid employees

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is he mad about them getting paid or the way?

All of this could’ve been avoided if the NCAA didn’t block players from getting jobs or if they agreed to pay them all a livable set wage so that they could focus on their studies and sports without going hungry.

With the NILs and transfer portal college sports can’t exist as is much longer

They’re just semipro leagues now where players bounce around and you can’t build a culture because all the players think they’re stars and should be treated as such.

GOOD. Colleges need to compete to get and keep the best players around.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not misinformed about anything.

That’s what the original fight was.

It wasn’t until O’Bannon that players started fighting to get paid off their likeness like a celebrity.

It’s always been understood that college sports is amateur athletics and once your chosen sport becomes your profession you are a professional.
You moving goal posts, Champ.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
GOOD. Colleges need to compete to get and keep the best players around.
No, they don’t.

Just another institution being destroyed by people that don’t understand or care about the value of them.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
My boy Reggie Bush called it out several months ago....
On Friday, ESPN’s SportsCenter account on Instagram posted an image of the 72-year-old Saban featuring a quote about why the seven-time national champion decided to retire now.

“My age started to become a little bit of an issue,” Saban is quoted in the post. “People wanted assurances that I was going to be here for three years, five years, whatever. It got harder and harder to be honest with them.”

Bush, the former USC star and current Fox Sports analyst, sarcastically attacked the notion that age pushed Saban into retirement with a savage barb in the comments section.

“NIL ran him away,” Bush wrote. “[H]e has no more control over 5 star recruits. The playing field is level and he can’t handle that.”

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, they don’t.

Just another institution being destroyed by people that don’t understand or care about the value of them.

Yes, they do.

Colleges raising tuition, lowering teaching standards, facilities not up to par are reasons higher ed dies, not cause athletes get to roam... fukk your nuance.

Oh you wanna keep it sports?

I wanna start somewhere else cause i can't start here, transfer portal.

I want more nil from another place, transfer portal.

Deleware college athletes unionized this month, I LOVE IT!! I hope more do the same.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
He's partially right. And I say this as a hige college football fan.

It needs rules in place. Most of you in here don't even watch cfb or know what's actually happening with this stuff

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, you have nothing to say

Most of you are short sighted man children so you wouldn’t understand the nuance
I have a lot to say, actually. I live what you profess to know every day. Your insight and my insight isn’t the same level and you proved that with what I quoted you on.

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
if he could say with a straight face that he didnt historically pay his players underneath the table i MIGHT take him more seriously.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I’m all for players getting compensated but this new “system” is trash. Every year is basically free agency with your entire roster. You can’t coach that shyt long term.
These nikkas don’t understand, half em don’t watch college football

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait - damn the money…I wanna know WTF Saban’s wife was telling recruits‘ mothers she was gonna do to help players while they were there. She gonna fix the whole team breakfast every Sunday? Help them with their homework? Or what?
yeah that was some of the biggest bullshyt i've ever heard too.