Nibellion is leaving gaming news

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sucks, but I don't blame him, gamers talk a lot but rarely but there money where there mouth is.

It is whack that one of his reasons for leaving is Elon taking over twitter. I don't understand people's reasoning on that

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: NZA

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He was a pretty great source for unbias news and none click baity Info and headlines

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Twitter was already a cesspool of toxicity.

Elons stated goal is to make it even more so. Some people just getting out in front of it. No reason to wait for the inevitable train wreck to happen.

Just seems like a backwards move to me and I'm sure musk taking over combined with him not making money like that is a huge part of him leaving, especially musk taking over.

As far as people leaving because musk took over. If you already swimming in trash, I don't understand why would leave because you feel like someone might make things worse, like you already in the mud only thing that really can happen is you leave if it does get worse or it actually gets better.

I think people are just more comfortable with faceless or more or less silent rich folks running things from the top instead of outspoken ones. When the people at the top are hidden or relatively quiet you can make up your own reasons and scenarios as to why things are happening like they happen.

Anyway I'm interested to see what happens with twitter in the next couple years or if some new competition comes along

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Just seems like a backwards move to me and I'm sure musk taking over combined with him not making money like that is a huge part of him leaving, especially musk taking over.

As far as people leaving because musk took over. If you already swimming in trash, I don't understand why would leave because you feel like someone might make things worse, like you already in the mud only thing that really can happen is you leave if it does get worse or it actually gets better.

I think people are just more comfortable with faceless or more or less silent rich folks running things from the top instead of outspoken ones. When the people at the top are hidden or relatively quiet you can make up your own reasons and scenarios as to why things are happening like they happen.

Anyway I'm interested to see what happens with twitter in the next couple years or if some new competition comes along
For people using it for business, making money is reliant on advertisers.

As elon attracts the trumps and kanye’s of the world more and more advertisers will pull out.

He’s probably been thinking about leaving for a while now. Probably not making much money and dealing with the toxic environment. Elon buying it just means all of that will get worse. There’s really no reason for him to stay at this point.

Twitter already doesn’t make much money. Advertisers pulling out and Elon talking about charging for Blue checks. This dude ain’t the only one that’s gone distance himself from that platform.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
What the fukk does Elon having to do with Twitter makes him want to leave? These people are so god damn dramatic. :mjlol:

They're like the retards that claimed when Trump was elected they're moving to Canada. No the fukk you weren't.

Its clickbait. He's leaving cause he wasnt savvy enough to monetize his platform.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its clickbait. He's leaving cause he wasnt savvy enough to monetize his platform.

Yeah, this is it pretty much. A few weeks ago he put up a patreon to make money and I guess it wasn’t as poppin as he hoped.

He was really my number one news source on twitter, not really sure if theres anyone else even worth following on there now. Maybe gematsu?

Other sites are clickbaity as fukk.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, this is it pretty much. A few weeks ago he put up a patreon to make money and I guess it wasn’t as poppin as he hoped.

He was really my number one news source on twitter, not really sure if theres anyone else even worth following on there now. Maybe gematsu?

Other sites are clickbaity as fukk.
Resetera :troll:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Much respect to him because it's a thankless job and this guy was aggregating news 24/7. Heck, this guy was doing a much better job than social media teams that gaming websites pay to do his hobby. Anyways, I don't blame him for leaving because him creating his patreon shows there aren't that many monetary reasons to continue to aggregate news.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Much respect to him because it's a thankless job and this guy was aggregating news 24/7. Heck, this guy was doing a much better job than social media teams that gaming websites pay to do his hobby. Anyways, I don't blame him for leaving because him creating his patreon shows there aren't that many monetary reasons to continue to aggregate news.

I pretty much had Nibel bookmarked for twitter. I’ll miss the aggregate reviews of games, especially. Made it easier to follow than just clicking metacritic