Next-gen versions of RDR2 apparently also cancelled

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Rockstar stopped caring about this game once it became obvious it wasn't gonna generate money like gta online. Blame the people who play that game religiously and spend money on shark cards

Crazy that selling 45 million copies of something doesn’t warrant post launch content and updates

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Graphics-wise its kind of unnecessary but I didnt realize it was only 30fps on console. I beat it on Stadia and I’m pretty sure it was running 60FPS at 1080p.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Quick loading and a fast travel anywhere type of QoL improvement would also do wonders for that game

Loading was only an issue on the external hard drive. Try loading on current gen n see the difference. Fast travel was purposely left out of the game, I'm not sure it was from any type of hardware limitation
The game has fast travel actually, yall didnt use it

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
maybe I'm tripping, but I remember playing RDR2 on my OLED and thinking this is easily the most beautful game I've ever seen. I havent played it in a couple years, but I couldn't imagine them making it LOOK any better, it would probably only be a fps upgrade, which doesnt really warrant a next-gen upgrade imo (xbox fps boost it via bc options n call it a day)

Yall need to stop complaining about old shyt getting redone and instead pressure these nikkas to make another cotdamn game. RDR3 shouldnt have to wait until the 2030s for a release date

Na I played that shyt on release then a little bit on PC. Native 4k with the higher frames is different. Plus better textures. It’s kinda ass they shortchanged. But it is still the same game at the end of the day, so I didn’t even finish it again. 30 frames is always gonna be bullshyt

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
yeah this thread just made me realize 30 FPS was still the standard on console pretty much up until like 5-6 years ago. That shyt is motherfukkin crazy lol I remember first jumping to 60 FPS thinking aint no way I could go back. Now that I've experienced 120 even 60 kinda like :scusthov: now

How the hell were we gaming in 30fps for so long and not only didnt mind it, we were thoroughly satisfied with the shyt lmaooo PC master race tried to tell us for years