Next gen narratives are out of control

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I mean... DmC was so trash they had to un-reboot the series and trot OG Dante and Nero right back out there for 5. You can try and revisionist history it all you want but even Capcom admitted that shyt was a fail, enough that it fundamentally damaged how they worked with western developers from then on. DmC existing literally damaged gaming as a whole.

As to Hellblade... Hellblade was a game that resonated with people for the story it told on the slide out of mental stability. It was a project most people didn't see coming so the power of it's message hit right. Running a sequel on something like that almost never keeps that same energy - hell, look at TLOU2. Bigger problem is, Hellblade worked because it was a AA game that overdelivered. No amount of Microsoft cash infusion is going to propel that formula to the top of any sales chart or even many GOTY nods, because people are there for the story and even in Hellblade, the gameplay was secondary by a far, far distance. You could make a Netflix show out of Senua and it'd invoke the same emotions, it'd reach more people, and the game industry wouldn't be any less without it. It's a good property. But its DNA as a series alone makes it incompatible with it turning into a flagship of any kind.

I think the new game will be good. But it isn't enough to save what we've seen first-party from MGS, and it would be doing a massive disservice to the game and Ninja Theory to expect it to be. That should have been the burden Halo carried. But we can see clearly that that isn't a burden Halo intends on hoisting.

This is the most harrowing problem for Microsoft: playing catch-up on that big, blockbuster console-mover. Because if it's not Halo, that means every other game that releases first-party has to carry that burden of expectation until someone manages it. It's bad design on their launch window. Just like last gen. And, much like Trump's re-election campaign, a lot of people are about to hop back into the same rut they've been in for years, expecting it to somehow magically be different despite all evidence to the contrary and clear signs that it's going to go exactly the same way as the last time it happened.

Stanning consoles is silly.
But blind brand loyalty to a corporation despite all evidence saying they have learned nothing from their previous failures and have no intention of devoting the necessary time to getting things right first and asking for money after that... that's just dumb.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I mean... DmC was so trash they had to un-reboot the series and trot OG Dante and Nero right back out there for 5. You can try and revisionist history it all you want but even Capcom admitted that shyt was a fail, enough that it fundamentally damaged how they worked with western developers from then on. DmC existing literally damaged gaming as a whole.

As to Hellblade... Hellblade was a game that resonated with people for the story it told on the slide out of mental stability. It was a project most people didn't see coming so the power of it's message hit right. Running a sequel on something like that almost never keeps that same energy - hell, look at TLOU2. Bigger problem is, Hellblade worked because it was a AA game that overdelivered. No amount of Microsoft cash infusion is going to propel that formula to the top of any sales chart or even many GOTY nods, because people are there for the story and even in Hellblade, the gameplay was secondary by a far, far distance. You could make a Netflix show out of Senua and it'd invoke the same emotions, it'd reach more people, and the game industry wouldn't be any less without it. It's a good property. But its DNA as a series alone makes it incompatible with it turning into a flagship of any kind.

I think the new game will be good. But it isn't enough to save what we've seen first-party from MGS, and it would be doing a massive disservice to the game and Ninja Theory to expect it to be. That should have been the burden Halo carried. But we can see clearly that that isn't a burden Halo intends on hoisting.

This is the most harrowing problem for Microsoft: playing catch-up on that big, blockbuster console-mover. Because if it's not Halo, that means every other game that releases first-party has to carry that burden of expectation until someone manages it. It's bad design on their launch window. Just like last gen. And, much like Trump's re-election campaign, a lot of people are about to hop back into the same rut they've been in for years, expecting it to somehow magically be different despite all evidence to the contrary and clear signs that it's going to go exactly the same way as the last time it happened.

Stanning consoles is silly.
But blind brand loyalty to a corporation despite all evidence saying they have learned nothing from their previous failures and have no intention of devoting the necessary time to getting things right first and asking for money after that... that's just dumb.
Wtf, a titan graph? Oh this nikka is big mad :laff:

Did I do it right?

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
ipz8tgh.jpeg

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Seek help.
Man not seem like it but I can assure you my post had nothing to do with you
I think we all know.

74063_10_halo-infinites-sh-tty-graphics-make-craig-the-brute-an-internet-hero.png
What we don't know is what game you'll be playing instead. Whatever game that ends up being will be the inferior game. I know it, you know it, or please name the title that will be the better game :popcorn:
And got the nerve to talk about "gaming narratives"..
So you don't think it'll look great by launch? Developers were further behind during the xbox ones launch, they finished in time then and they will this upcoming gen as well. The funny thing is they telling you everything's good, no delays. You're the one creating the narrative that what you saw was the finished product like if you don't know how different shyt looks with ray tracing or a ton of other next gen features that wasn't on display. You'd rather think Microsoft isn't in control so that you can justify to yourself that everything's gonna be ok :wow:

I've been saying you'll have to face reality once multiplat titles are discussed. The majority will not settle for half the frame rates at lower resolutions :francis: I hear gamepass is a gamechanger too but hey, I was the guy who thought the cloud would play a role

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

What we don't know is what game you'll be playing instead. Whatever game that ends up being will be the inferior game. I know it, you know it, or please name the title that will be the better game :popcorn:

So you don't think it'll look great by launch? Developers were further behind during the xbox ones launch, they finished in time then and they will this upcoming gen as well. The funny thing is they telling you everything's good, no delays. You're the one creating the narrative that what you saw was the finished product like if you don't know how different shyt looks with ray tracing or a ton of other next gen features that wasn't on display. You'd rather think Microsoft isn't in control so that you can justify to yourself that everything's gonna be ok :wow:

I've been saying you'll have to face reality once multiplat titles are discussed. The majority will not settle for half the frame rates at lower resolutions :francis: I hear gamepass is a gamechanger too but hey, I was the guy who thought the cloud would play a role
Do I think it will look better? Sure
Do I think it will look like it's on beastly hardware? Nah. Long past the point of no return.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
The majority will not settle for half the frame rates at lower resolutions

You keep pulling this out of your ass and its hilarious. It's not based in reality at all, it's yet another weird straw man you've made up to argue in circles with yourself.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
You keep pulling this out of your ass and its hilarious. It's not based in reality at all, it's yet another weird straw man you've made up to argue in circles with yourself.
I'd argue that 30fps for a competitive fps is kinda wack tbh. Killzone back in the day had its flaws but damn that smoothness was great.
That said, this shyt don't look too much better than that game, either :heh:

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps

TheseAlarmingElephantseal-size_restricted.gif

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Do I think it will look better? Sure
Do I think it will look like it's on beastly hardware? Nah. Long past the point of no return.
So then you don't think ray traced 4k60 halo will be pleasing to the eye. We didn't see this archaic point of the campaign. It was just some basic skirmishes. Only thing past the point of no return is your fanboyism. Got a crow sandwich heading your way this fall. On the house...
I was thinking of upgrading my xbox one without upgrading the CPU or GPU. This outta do it...