New York new coronavirus cases 'dropping for first time'

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
What a shock today was one of the warmest days in weeks and the cases dropped

Gee what a shock :beli: But people who said the virus dies in warm weather were wrong huh? This is gonna end up backfiring when people realize this was hyped up
It all lags due to how the virus works, so this is a result of the lockdowns in March. If we didn't lockdown, things would be so much worse than it already is. I fukking hope that lock downs and warm weather manage to slow it drastically to the point where we could track and have somewhat of a return to normalcy, or that it mutates to something that's easier to deal with.

Pacni99a12

All Star
Daps
I'm all for positive news, but a day-to-day drop isn't very statistically significant.
Im in Kentucky and according to the governor since its Sunday a lot of the labs were not open and didn't post their numbers. So we can't make too much of our low numbers

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I'll take my risk
Good for you, but to me, a huge part of being a ct'er is being prepared for whatever tptb throw at us. Ie, when Bush was in, my fam had the iodine pills in case nuclear shyt popped off (in the unlikely event we survived the initial blast). They throw a virus, I'm ready to defend against it. Plus, being a nyer, i can't play these games. When shyt pop off, not if, it ALWAYS starts here.

:yeshrug:

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Make your own out of "quilters cotton", i got it from joann's. They having a sale on it rn and they got instructions too.

test various masks and fabrics, the team pumped air through both types of face coverings.

"Our instruments could read down to 0.3 microns, which is about the size of a big virus," Segal said.

Regular surgical masks filtered out 62 percent to 65 percent of particles. For comparison, N95 masks filter 95 percent of those particles.

But the fabrics led to a variety of results. One piece of cloth filtered just 1 percent of particles, rendering it virtually useless, while others were found to perform even better than the surgical masks.

"We had some that performed at 79 percent," Segal told NBC News.

The best masks were constructed of two layers of heavyweight "quilters cotton" with a thread count of at least 180, and had thicker and tighter weave.

Lesser quality fabrics also worked well, as long as they had an internal layer of flannel.

Recommended

OPINIONCoronavirus mask guidance remains unclear. Here's how history can help.

"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik," Segal said, "but you don't want to use a knit fabric, because the holes between the knit stitches are bigger."

In other words, if the fabric allows for a substantial amount of light to shine through, it's probably going to allow tiny viral particles through, as well.

Sewing your own face mask? Some fabrics work better than others, finds new research

:salute:

My mom is unemployed right now and is into knitting, I'll have her make some for us

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
:salute:

My mom is unemployed right now and is into knitting, I'll have her make some for us
Excellent, she's perfect. I got some extra material for my (former seamstress, FIT grad) mom so she can make some too. I got essential personnel as neighbors on either side, so they get the first few i make. USA in this bytch. :youngsabo:

:wow: