New York new coronavirus cases 'dropping for first time'

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I hope it stays like that.....last thing I want to see is 1,000+ fatalities per day in the coming weeks in NY

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What a shock today was one of the warmest days in weeks and the cases dropped

Gee what a shock :beli: But people who said the virus dies in warm weather were wrong huh? This is gonna end up backfiring when people realize this was hyped up

forgive me,

but you are fukking stupid, down here in FL cases are rising almost 1K per day. Stop taking talking points from trump.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
What a shock today was one of the warmest days in weeks and the cases dropped

Gee what a shock :beli: But people who said the virus dies in warm weather were wrong huh? This is gonna end up backfiring when people realize this was hyped up

you do realize the “new cases” are delayed.. by days, right? like 5-10 day’s it takes for results to come in.. so you make no case here for the validity of that, at all

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
New York was supposed to hit its peak about now. It’s the interior of the country where it’s supposed to get worse.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
But it will be back in the fall. :francis:

(Btw, this is just what my astrology of coronavirus thread hypothesized :wow:)

Hopefully by the fall, enough people will have the antibody that the hospitals won't get shocked at once.

The real issue is hospitals being overwhelmed. If it weren't for that, the government would probably let the virus run its course.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
thats the issue here as well, too many people still think its a hoax or cant effect them.

That's a problem here too. At my job everyone is still packing the break rooms, especially since it's still too cold to eat outside.

And my job is run by dumb fukks who are giving out dust masks since they're too cheap to buy surgical masks

I'm not sure if those dust masks are effective, but they're not comfortable to wear for extended periods of time

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
That's a problem here too. At my job everyone is still packing the break rooms, especially since it's still too cold to eat outside.

And my job is run by dumb fukks who are giving out dust masks since they're too cheap to buy surgical masks

I'm not sure if those dust masks are effective
, but they're not comfortable to wear for extended periods of time
Make your own out of "quilters cotton", i got it from joann's. They having a sale on it rn and they got instructions too.

test various masks and fabrics, the team pumped air through both types of face coverings.

"Our instruments could read down to 0.3 microns, which is about the size of a big virus," Segal said.

Regular surgical masks filtered out 62 percent to 65 percent of particles. For comparison, N95 masks filter 95 percent of those particles.

But the fabrics led to a variety of results. One piece of cloth filtered just 1 percent of particles, rendering it virtually useless, while others were found to perform even better than the surgical masks.

"We had some that performed at 79 percent," Segal told NBC News.

The best masks were constructed of two layers of heavyweight "quilters cotton" with a thread count of at least 180, and had thicker and tighter weave.

Lesser quality fabrics also worked well, as long as they had an internal layer of flannel.

Recommended

OPINIONCoronavirus mask guidance remains unclear. Here's how history can help.

"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik," Segal said, "but you don't want to use a knit fabric, because the holes between the knit stitches are bigger."

In other words, if the fabric allows for a substantial amount of light to shine through, it's probably going to allow tiny viral particles through, as well.

Sewing your own face mask? Some fabrics work better than others, finds new research

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Make your own out of "quilters cotton", i got it from joann's. They having a sale on it rn and they got instructions too.

test various masks and fabrics, the team pumped air through both types of face coverings.

"Our instruments could read down to 0.3 microns, which is about the size of a big virus," Segal said.

Regular surgical masks filtered out 62 percent to 65 percent of particles. For comparison, N95 masks filter 95 percent of those particles.

But the fabrics led to a variety of results. One piece of cloth filtered just 1 percent of particles, rendering it virtually useless, while others were found to perform even better than the surgical masks.

"We had some that performed at 79 percent," Segal told NBC News.

The best masks were constructed of two layers of heavyweight "quilters cotton" with a thread count of at least 180, and had thicker and tighter weave.

Lesser quality fabrics also worked well, as long as they had an internal layer of flannel.

Recommended

OPINIONCoronavirus mask guidance remains unclear. Here's how history can help.

"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik," Segal said, "but you don't want to use a knit fabric, because the holes between the knit stitches are bigger."

In other words, if the fabric allows for a substantial amount of light to shine through, it's probably going to allow tiny viral particles through, as well.

Sewing your own face mask? Some fabrics work better than others, finds new research

Beware of Cotton...

https://www.ars.usda.gov/ARSUserFil...A mixtures in glyphosate-resistant cotton.pdf

https://www.roundupreadyplus.com/resourcecenter/residual-herbicide-use-in-cotton

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS