New York cookie shop owner ruthlessly shuts down 'influencer' with less than 1,000 followers after the bride-to-be asked for freebies

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Oh, you had 'em!?
Which Flavors?

:ohhh:

I ordered the Halfsies Sampler (sold out)

And another one called "Peanut Butter Fan Sampler pack, its not of the site right now tho, sold out.

Gonna order more this week.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
yea def a bit much. he clearly is interested in giving out free shyt, word prob got around and she shot her shot. no reason to embarass her. if I'm her I'm using this as fuel tho so it is what it is. Hopefully she blows up and seeks revenge
It will have the opposite effect if she trys.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
85912977-13511869-image-a-29_1717982783191.jpg

:feedme:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Another social media "influencer" getting humbled...:banderas:

These so called influencers man...:mjlol: like damn first it was celebrities now these no name b*stards pushing shyt on social media... doing dumb shyt for clout.. Im glad the cookie owner humbled her. this is a business. not a charity..

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
When did we start eating oversized and undercooked cookies?

Can't cook the center without burning the bottom because the shyt too big

😭

They begging but buddy is selling bullshyt
They do that because it's easier to ship orders out and store thick "cake" cookies. They'll make bulk batches and store them in a freezer then ship them out if they do online sales. It's better to have that consistency than traditional cookies that could break apart or depending on humidity could start to sweat and get soggy during shipping.

I don't like that style of cookie but I only bake for myself and family/friends so I ain't shipping orders, alot of these bakers use the same recipes and the only difference is the marketing, baking is a science (CHEMISTRY), so when you trying to make the most mass appealing stuff its all gonna be similar, ain't no need for influencers, just hire someone to style your product and photograph it and your done:sas2:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Pretty lame of the store owner. Takes more energy doing that than ignoring the post for just saying no. This feels more like a bitter ex.
Depends on how often they get these requests, set a couple public examples and the rest will stop, clearly they're open to collaborations but filtering through the scammers can be a hassle

Even brehs on this site have talked about faking it to get extra'd out service or free things from restaurants by recording or using a selfie stick, alot of people are trying to finesse