Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
Twice a week deep conditioner for the first 3 months. Then see if I still want to go for straighter hair.

Have one 500ml bottle of water per day.

Go back to yoga:
  • Find a YouTube video.
  • Do it at 6am on weekdays when I wake up.

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Twice a week deep conditioner for the first 3 months. Then see if I still want to go for straighter hair.

Have one 500ml bottle of water per day.

Go back to yoga:
  • Find a YouTube video.
  • Do it at 6am on weekdays when I wake up.

I need to get back to yoga too. I swear I see the quickest results healthwise when I add yoga to the routine...more energy, increased productivity, breathe better, workouts are easier, etc.

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
I think I've achieved some of my beauty goals last year:

Wearing less makeup

When I do my brows make them more natural looking ( I wasn't doing that boxy fade brow, but you could tell I drew my brows).
I've been more consistent with my skincare routine.

I've found a lipbalm that's not glossy.

Tried new hairstyles and a wig got the first time.

But I still have some new goals:
Try to wear perfume. I can't stand the smell of overly fruity perfumes (if y'all have any recommendations I'll be glad to check them out)

Painting my nails.

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Update my closet on a regular basis (adding and tossing clothes) so that I always look polished.

Pick up some basic make up skills.

Continue saving money. Put myself on on a stricter spending budget.

Get back into yoga.

Learn a new skill.

Few months ago I elevsted my lounge wear- sneakers, yoga pants, wool leggings, tees, hoodies, etc. Went head and paid top dollar so they would look less blah. Best fashion investment ever.

:banderas:
Lounge wear so nice I gotta wear makeup.

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
What's the glo up plan for 2017?

Me:

Thinking about a signature color like Lisa Raye. Think mines will be gold.

Definitely wearing my real fur everywhere. Not scared of judgement anymore. Its full length and over the top, but I like it.

Think I'm done with matte lips. I got some full glosses from The Balm and I like the shine.

I MIGHT switch my fragrance. I've been wearing Marc Jacobs Lola and I love it. Im sensitive to fragrance and this one doesnt fukk me up but it may be time to venture out.

How about you ladies?

@MoonGoddess @Regine Hunter @Ria_21 @Marti @Black Barbie @Lady.Libra. @Elle Driver
@Jayne @Coco @Coco Loco @Giselle

None at the moment...just staying consistent with what I already do :wink:.

Daps
i need to get back into the gym....

and my hair...smh. i am at a lost on what to do. its natural and very uncooperative. its frustrating

Ria_21

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Yorkshire
My plans for 2017 is to go to the gym more consistently. I cut a lot of my hair off back in August to start fresh again, Im on the natural hair journey no more chemicals in my hair.

Makeup wise I just want to perfect my skills and not always rely on my sister to help me out lol.

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Getting my eyebrows microbladed
Gonna finally get a mani/pedi. I just hate fussing over my nails lol
drink more h20

Daps
How do you wear it?
Been wearing wigs and braids for the last 2 years. I've tried weaves and while I found a good stylist I was unhappy with the hair quality (and it's kinda expensive to keep up) the hair was either too silky or the kinkier hair was trash and tangle and matted so much I had to take it down. I saw other vendors that sell hair that is similar to my texture but I really don't want to put down all that money especially if the hair won't last a full year.

I've been natural for years but my hair never gets past a certain length not matter how much TLC I give it, it shrinks badly and reacts to weather (humidity= don King look)

I'm also the type that needs length and body to my hair so I can't even cut it off because it won't look good.

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
Jordan, Jasmine, Jolie, Julius
Been wearing wigs and braids for the last 2 years. I've tried weaves and while I found a good stylist I was unhappy with the hair quality (and it's kinda expensive to keep up) the hair was either too silky or the kinkier hair was trash and tangle and matted so much I had to take it down. I saw other vendors that sell hair that is similar to my texture but I really don't want to put down all that money especially if the hair won't last a full year.

I've been natural for years but my hair never gets past a certain length not matter how much TLC I give it, it shrinks badly and reacts to weather (humidity= don King look)

I'm also the type that needs length and body to my hair so I can't even cut it off because it won't look good.

Have you tried getting a lace frontal and maybe researching a good aliexpress (cheapest option) on YouTube? You don't have to any leave out and if you have a good stylist, it will look like its growing from your scalp. I bought one along with some bundles back in June and love it, it gave my hair a rest from all the damage that was done from flat ironing it. I like looking at Doll Face Barbie reviews and bought from a store that he suggested. It was inexpensive and the hair was great.

And for kinky hair, yeah it won't last, no matter how much they rave about the quality. Just get something inexpensive, again aliexpress, and maybe have someone create a unit for you or make clip ins, that way you can take better care of it because it's not on your head!!!

Maybe your hair is the kind of hair that grows when you leave it alone. Mines do. I just keep it simple and it grows like weeds.

Daps
Have you tried getting a lace frontal and maybe researching a good aliexpress (cheapest option) on YouTube? You don't have to any leave out and if you have a good stylist, it will look like its growing from your scalp. I bought one along with some bundles back in June and love it, it gave my hair a rest from all the damage that was done from flat ironing it. I like looking at Doll Face Barbie reviews and bought from a store that he suggested. It was inexpensive and the hair was great.

And for kinky hair, yeah it won't last, no matter how much they rave about the quality. Just get something inexpensive, again aliexpress, and maybe have someone create a unit for you or make clip ins, that way you can take better care of it because it's not on your head!!!

Maybe your hair is the kind of hair that grows when you leave it alone. Mines do. I just keep it simple and it grows like weeds.
I had a weave with a Closure and it looked good until my new growth came In around week 3. By week 8 it looked bad.

I tried a lot of those vendors and didn't like the quality I received and a lot of people I know who get the weaves wear that silky texture that doesn't really suit me

I tried getting some quotes for a custom wig and I wasn't feeling the prices so I'm back to my old synthetic wigs. I want to try crochet braids but I remember reading that they don't last much longer than 6weeks

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
Jordan, Jasmine, Jolie, Julius
I had a weave with a Closure and it looked good until my new growth came In around week 3. By week 8 it looked bad.

I tried a lot of those vendors and didn't like the quality I received and a lot of people I know who get the weaves wear that silky texture that doesn't really suit me

I tried getting some quotes for a custom wig and I wasn't feeling the prices so I'm back to my old synthetic wigs. I want to try crochet braids but I remember reading that they don't last much longer than 6weeks

Really? I have thick hair and my new growth comes in pretty quickly also, but I never had that happened and I had about 2 closures and 1 frontal, I don't know what to tell ya because it doesn't seem like that should be happening.

Yeah, stick with your natural hair/wigs until you're ready to step out again. I like Trendy Kay on YouTube and BeigeOjai on YouTube. Their wigs be bomb although I'm not wig wearer. I've been thinking about buying some to give myself a versatile look.

Like this is cute and only $14

And I like this wig Kay reviewed

Daps

do these even last? i was looking at some but in order for it to work it needs to be close to my natural texture and the companies that sell those are charging $200 for 7 pieces and claim you need 14 for a full head look. one company claimed the hair last 6mo-1year. i can't see myself spending nearly $400 for something that may last just 6months. that just sounds like a lot of money.

do you have any reputable aliexpress vendors that i can look into?