New World (Korean Crime Flick/Next Departed_

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
I did actually.

Okay, I did veer towards Ja-Seong dying for the first half of the movie (which is how most of these things end), but I started to feel he'd take the organisation over just because Chang (his boss) was such an a$$hole. Like they made that character so unlikeable I couldn't imagine Ja-Seong wouldn't get some kind of epic payback on him.

Then again, for years I've been hoping to see a movie about an undercover cop switching sides, so me wanting it to happen might've fueled me predicting it.

Also, Korean cinema has been giving no fukks for years now, and this was made by the guy who wrote I Saw The Devil, which contained an actual negative amount of fukks, so if anyone had the balls to go with this kind of ending, it was always gonna be the Koreans.

def agree with your take on korean films. they are running this genre right now. i saw the devil was straight gully

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya Korean Films def are more riskey. I love what they doing with their crime films.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So where is the link.
Check out a dirty carnival another Korean movie similar vein that's highly underrated.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
dl'd the flick...almost 9gigs...it was all in korean...no subtitles.

:noah:

sesame-street-l-o.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Orbital-Fetus

Just Google "subtitles for New World". You might have to try a couple files to see if they are compatible with whatever you're using to play it, but it took me like 5 minutes.

Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Movie was incredible. Koreans have been running shyt for damn near a decade if you're up on foreign cinema.

I knew Ja-sung was a villain as soon as he put the watch on. Jung Chung told him "you need to pick a side" before he died. Him wearing the watch was symbolic to me that he chose a side.

Anyway, shyt was bananas. I need to cop this, it's like $16 on Blu-Ray.

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was incredible. Koreans have been running shyt for damn near a decade if you're up on foreign cinema.

I knew Ja-sung was a villain as soon as he put the watch on. Jung Chung told him "you need to pick a side" before he died. Him wearing the watch was symbolic to me that he chose a side.

Fred.

That was one of my favorite scenes when Jung Chung told him to pick a side. Jung Chung was off the hook. That elevator fight scene :lawd: I gotta cop this on blu ray too.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous

Fred.

breh why he gotta be a vllain. the police were jerking him and if AKN wasnt trying to play sides on each other, dudes wife woudlnt have miscarried. my guy ja-sung coulda got bodied in that lil ambush too. KANG got 2 cops killed and a baby with his tactics.

i saw the turn coming when kang and ja-sung were talking in the beginning and kang was like 'we had a situation like this that turned out bad a long time ago"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
breh why he gotta be a vllain. the police were jerking him and if AKN wasnt trying to play sides on each other, dudes wife woudlnt have miscarried. my guy ja-sung coulda got bodied in that lil ambush too. KANG got 2 cops killed and a baby with his tactics.

i saw the turn coming when kang and ja-sung were talking in the beginning and kang was like 'we had a situation like this that turned out bad a long time ago"

Just because he's the villain doesn't mean he's not sympathetic. But he's definitely the villain. His boss was a dikk head but he was a straight-shooter, he refused the bribe. He was just doing his job. Yeah people died, but they knew the risk going into the job. That's why ol' girl was like :manny: when they came for her.

Ja-sung had 4-5 people murked just to secure his position at the end of the movie. People that did nothing to him personally. He could've gave Jung Chung his oxygen back, but chose not to because he made the choice to be the bad guy. That's why he said "what if I survive, can you stop me?". He was telling him "you need to start thinking like a gangster".

So yeah....he's the villain.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
bout to watch this again and see if i pick up on something i missed. my friend who doesn't really fukk with asian flicks is about to watch it with me so i'll see what he thinks. if this muthafukka says something about subtitles i'm punch him in the face though