New World (Korean Crime Flick/Next Departed_

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Movie was gully as fukk. Ja-Sung really became a gangster. That Elevator fight scene had a nikka like :gladbron:

I think an American remake can be great if done right. It could be on the level of THE DEPARTED if cast well.

I wonder what kind of crime syndicate they would use for an American adaptation.

I've watched so many Korean gangster flicks and I'm still not sure how their organized crime works. It always seems likes it's on some corporate shyt.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder what crime syndicate to. I guess you could use the Mexican Cartel. Have someone infiltrated it. But i don't know.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I wonder what kind of crime syndicate they would use for an American adaptation.

I've watched so many Korean gangster flicks and I'm still not sure how their organized crime works. It always seems likes it's on some corporate shyt.

Because almost all of Asia's organized crime is heavily embedded into the corporate world. You have to keep in mind they got crime organizations over there that can run thousands of members deep. So obviously they run deep in all aspects of business as well.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You gonna enjoy it homie. I'm glad I found out about this piff.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Movie was gully as fukk. Ja-Sung really became a gangster. That Elevator fight scene had a nikka like :gladbron:

I think an American remake can be great if done right. It could be on the level of THE DEPARTED if cast well.

I mean the departed was based on a foreign movie as well and the American director did a damn good job with it, so I trust he will bring it with this one as well.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
This movie is basically a mixture between Infernal Affairs and Election so it had very little to offer in terms of originality, and at a running time of over two hours it just dragged too much.

It does get better as it goes on but with all the heavy (and very obvious) influences it never really comes into its own. The best parts were the Yanbian hobos, the final scene (flashback) and the reveal that...

... his wife was also reporting about him to the cops.

Just a shame they didn't do anything else with that since that was one of the movie's only :gladbron: moments.
while i agree, i still think its pretty dope, and reminded me why i dont give a shyt about american cinema all like that.

even tho i knew the heel turn was coming, iits was still done well.

:pacspit: @ a remake, americans need to just write better shyt

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
while it was obviously influenced by previous gangsta/snitch/dirty cop movies, i feel it can stand on its own two. honestly, how many of you predicted that ending?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I did actually.

Okay, I did veer towards Ja-Seong dying for the first half of the movie (which is how most of these things end), but I started to feel he'd take the organisation over just because Chang (his boss) was such an a$$hole. Like they made that character so unlikeable I couldn't imagine Ja-Seong wouldn't get some kind of epic payback on him.

Then again, for years I've been hoping to see a movie about an undercover cop switching sides, so me wanting it to happen might've fueled me predicting it.

Also, Korean cinema has been giving no fukks for years now, and this was made by the guy who wrote I Saw The Devil, which contained an actual negative amount of fukks, so if anyone had the balls to go with this kind of ending, it was always gonna be the Koreans.