New Voltron: Legendary Defender Series coming to Netflix 6/10 *New Trailer Added*

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Just saw episode 1
shyt was straight
Again, I was never a huge fan like alotta people
I loved the toys and put wild miles on my big wheel :banderas:

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm a need the die cast of this new version these Lions look like the shyt :blessed:
DreamWorks Animation today announced plans for a new toy line based on the new DreamWorks Animation series Voltron: Legendary Defender, a reimagining of the classic property featuring five teenage pilots of mystical robot lions that combine to form Voltron, the most powerful defender in the universe, set to debut as a Netflix Original Series in 2016. Playmates Toys will serve as the master toy licensee and will create an expansive line of toys set to launch in spring 2017.

“We are excited to work with DreamWorks Animation on the resurgence of such a beloved brand, and are looking forward to providing nostalgic fans and new audiences with a heroic space adventure toy line,” said Thomas Chan, CEO of Playmates Toys. “We are dedicated to developing an innovative line of toys that will bring the series to life, allowing fans to be immersed in the epic adventures of Voltron, as the team liberates the universe.”

“Voltron is an incredible property, rich with mythology and lore, and we couldn’t be more excited to collaborate with Playmates Toys to bring this legendary defender to life off the screen,” said Tim Erickson, Global Head of Licensing, DreamWorks Animation. “Voltron: Legendary Defender is an action-packed series that will have kids lining up to see what Playmates has in store.”

Voltron: Legendary Defender follows five unsuspecting teenagers as they are transported from Earth into the middle of a sprawling intergalactic war and become pilots for five mystical robotic lions in a battle to protect the universe from evil. Only through the true power of teamwork can they unite their lions to form Voltron, the towering warrior that represents the last best hope for good in the universe. Voltron: Legendary Defender premieres on Netflix in 2016.

About Playmates Toys
With a 50-year history, Playmates Toys is today among the most well-respected and innovative marketing and distribution companies in the global toy industry with a proven history in the creation of imaginative products as well as the development and management of profitable, long-term brand franchises. Key brands include TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, one of today’s top-selling male action brands. From its offices in Hong Kong and California, Playmates Toys designs, develops, markets and distributes its products in over 60 countries worldwide. For more information, visit Toy Action Figures and Dolls | Playmates Toys, Inc. or TMNT Play.
Damn toy line doesn't launch until spring 2017

Last edited:

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
Ya I did it...binged through this today while cleaning up the mess from the basketball game last night. I hope next season is more than 13 episodes. That cliff hanger ending though :shaq2::feedme:

They're probably gonna spend the first few episodes of next season scattered across the galaxy and eventually they'll find each other again but not before individually helping out some planet in need or something :ld:
And it looks like we got to meet the original black paladin who probably succumbed to Hagar's powers :ohhh:

Oh and the guy who does Keith's voice is Glen from The Walking Dead :mindblown:
I used the Jackie Chan cause he's the only Asian one :lolbron:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

To remind me how much they ruined America.
I put a search up for the GI Joe movies.
to tape them whenever they come on.
Well finally it came on and all the movies in order how they aired as a kid, just recently
All I gotta say, is....
Mother's group ruined America to the point.
As a shawty we used to rag on duke but duke was the shyt!
Duke was like Cyclops hated in the hood for being the blond hair blue eyed savior.
Yet duke was that nikka tho

I had to watch the original to remember how cold duke was.
before nikkaz in the hood hated on the man.

Even at the beginning Scarlett buzzs the tower on duke and snakeeyes.
That I even forgot how great the GI Joe women were.
that as a shawty you looked for women to be like Scarlett, lady jays and cover girl.
Plus I swear to this day Halle berry got on cause every black boy was infatuated with lady jaye.

To the point gj Joe showed you how to be down for you woman with flint and duke who were crazy about two incredible female characters in lady jay and Scarlett.
As a man, j am glad I came up to know who lady jay and Scarlett were.

Mother's groups really fukked up America.
To the point xmen the movie is about a lbgt over processed character in mystique.
Plus, you really can name any great masculine characters for kids black or white like;

Road block : Best black cartoon character ever
Stalker : Best black leader on a tv show, the black flint
Gung ho
Alpine

Man it was so many dope joe's,....

Now when I watch cartoons with my daughter or my brother's gf son.
They don't have anyone who is what these characters were.

Little boys need GI Joe, period.
It helps them from everything from following directions to just sheer heman real masculinity.

Like if you had a favorite Joe, that went a really long way as a kid.

Like GI Joe and flint and lady jays are some of the most valuable shyt to me in my whole life.
Especially, when you realize how high quality they were as not just character but a couple.

Gi Joe made you want to defend yourself and have a woman.

Why would mother's group ruin that.
I feel all that was a way to allow the lbgt bullshyt in through mother's groups.

fukk mother's groups outside of MADD

Art Barr
Church

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
wow

Voltron's run was cut short by Transformers

Still Top 5 80s Action Cartoon

No Order

Transformers
He - Man
ThunderCats
GI Joe
Voltron
Duck Tales
Centurions
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Jem (I did watch this)
My Little Pony (cant lie I watched a few episodes of this too shyt was popular for a reason lol )

Hon. Mention
Johnny Quest, Gummi Bears, Smurfs, Go-bots, SilverHawks, Dungeons & Dragons, Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears
have you watched these recently? he-man is straight trash, thank god for the cartoon network remake, gi joe is boarderline

first season transformers was good.... the other ones not so much unless they were a multi part episode

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
have you watched these recently? he-man is straight trash, thank god for the cartoon network remake, gi joe is boarderline

first season transformers was good.... the other ones not so much unless they were a multi part episode

This is from an 80's kid perspective though

Most of those cartoons were not very good when seen through the lens of an adult mind lol

If we got in a time machine and went back to 86, 87, etc

You couldn't have told any kids that list wasnt pretty accurate (in no order)

*Edit*. And I guess you could throw Captain Planet in there or BraveStar

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I finished this series today I loved it :feedme:Animation was fire and the Avatar creators did a damn good job:salute:Voice acting was great:salute:Hunk, Coran, Lance definitely my favorite characters as far as the lighter side:russ::russ:Coran stay fukking with Lance:mjlol:The character changes for certain characters didn't bother me after I adjusted to it:ehh:Allura as a sista alien:takedat:They definitely made the universe bigger with different races and cultures:ehh:Shiro the gawd:wow:I love the revamped abilities for the squad in and outside their Lions :blessed:Only 11 episodes though :dwillhuh::why:I need more:feedme:Music wasn't memorable like the OG series :patrice:didn't take me out the experience though. Definitely need more Zarkon the Gawd in season 2:whoo:
Gave Lance that work :sadcam:. The Witch I forgot her name put her foot in Shiros ass:whew:Allura not a typical damsel in distress :noah:
Almost forgot those gotdamn mice:dead:They were actually hilarious to me and didn't annoye me like the OG series The fat one:heh::deadrose:Lance and Keith rivalry :lolbron:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Started watching this today, it's pretty good. My only complaints is they could of incorporated elements of the OG theme song. I am not saying use the whole thing but at least some elements of it especially when they're forming Voltron.

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
Started watching this today, it's pretty good. My only complaints is they could of incorporated elements of the OG theme song. I am not saying use the whole thing but at least some elements of it especially when they're forming Voltron.
There were parts where the music picks up and I'm like here it comes! But it never did :to:

At least they eventually worked in the "activate interlocks" :manny:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Ima chime in:

The cartoons in the 80s didn't have the overly complicated storylines of today's cartoons as they were just visual vehicles to sell the toys. As long as whatever new toy was out was on the screen, there wasn't much care into continuity. But if you really listen to the dialogue, they were well written with great character moments. Especially transformers, Gi Joe and thundercats. The characters were rich and vivid and as someone made the point of Scarlett and lady hate almost role models for kids