New Titles have been on a bad run

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Studios are rushing games out and using patches to finish development. A lot of these recent games could have used more time in the oven especially from an optimization standpoint.
Which is why I refuse to buy
games at launch. You’re pretty much a beta tester paying full price. I’d rather wait at a discounted price with the game playing how it’s meant to be played with all the patches that need to be done. Ever since Cyberpunk I refuse to buy games at launch. Only games I would consider is fighting games since there’s less fukk ups with those.

Last edited:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I agree but in a development point of view gaming has been terrible especially on the PC side of things. Consoles are holding gaming back I never thought I would say this.
it's not consoles fault that devs are releasing poorly optimized bullshyt. EA has ruined great games both ways because of poor development practices....and how do you explain CDPRs blunder, or Bugthesdas reliance on the PC modding community to fix their broken products?
How are consoles holding gaming back when billion dollar corporations have the resources to make better games but choose to release broken ones because of top pressure?

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
no longer being constrained to physical media for the totality of the project is the root of the issue.

When they realized they could just 'fix it in post', that just became the norm. They didn't have to get it right on release. They just needed to get it close.

Compound that with the absurd bloat of some of these games filesize-wise, and that again speaks to that issue. When you had a physical disc, you had X amount of space. And you either FF7-style multi-disc'd it... or you dealt with the space you had.

So now, we have games being released half-assed and under-featurued, requiring an 80GB download over your bandwidth... just to require an 83GB Day 0 patch to play the damn thing with any functionality, and then when you do get it running you have a chance to hit a gamebreaking bug because paying QA testers is just too hard, man! :sadcam:

It's stupid. It's bad business. But most importantly... it's bad artistry. It's Kanye still fukking with an album months after it's been released. Like... either do that shyt beforehand or use that energy for something else. Teams out here spending 50% of the dev time in post-launch support when they could have been 50% of the way through dev on something else.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I agree but in a development point of view gaming has been terrible especially on the PC side of things. Consoles are holding gaming back I never thought I would say this.
Consoles are not holding PC back lol , PC is holding PC back.

When it comes to consoles , developers only have to build software for 2 configurations (Xbox and Playstation) while theres like 1000+ configurations on PC that developers have to take into account.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Consoles are not holding PC back lol , PC is holding PC back.

When it comes to consoles , developers only have to build software for 2 configurations (Xbox and Playstation) while theres like 1000+ configurations on PC that developers have to take into account.

Even better, first party (and some 3rd) developers only gotta build for one in Playstations case. :yeshrug:

thats why delayed PC releases were always the smart move. Thats why SIE and associated studios will always get the best performance and highest fidelity from their games

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall either want these dev's to crunch or yall don't.

You either want games that take 6-8 years of development or yall don't.

These games are "mostly fine" on console that are releasing, PC gaming has ALWAYS been bad for new releases especially when there is a console version. For as long as I can remember playing and selling games PC releases have always been bad.

The last couple years they have been pretty decent and I think people expect that as a norm, also xbox doing PC/Console simultaneous releases have been good on PC if not better than console, so I think people are expecting something from PC gaming that it really never was.

The only reason things have been the way they have been is because a lot of games have been "GAAS" or steam/PC games 1st and then came to console.
Now with these triple A 3rd party games having to release on PC and console day and date plus the push back and lessing of the crunch, plus the pressure for them to stick to this 4 year turn around cycle as well as players being way more picker and less forgiving this is what you are going to get, :yeshrug: games that are good enough but could have been way better with more time. What they need to do is just start releasing PC versions later with no concrete date like they use too unless it's a PC game 1st and console game second.

Having a date is really what screws these guys over, especially when they are using proprietary or old engines *ahem unreal 4* that have these kind of issues all the time or haven't been battle tested thoroughly.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
319559323_1.gif

Its funny how the people most disgruntled about gaming right now are xbox fans, who are now projecting their frustrations upon the rest of us :unimpressed:

*waits for Zelda, SF6, FFXVI

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its funny how the people most disgruntled about gaming right now are PC fans, who are now projecting their frustrations upon the rest of us :unimpressed:

*waits for Zelda, SF6, FFXVI

Fixed*

also

:mjlol: at you listing a nintendo 1st party exclusive, a multiplat game and a 3rd party exclusive. I've played more on Game pass that has released this in 2023 already (including xbox 1st party titles) than I'm sure you have on playstation. But yeah *Xbox players are so disgruntled:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Fixed*

also

:mjlol: at you listing a nintendo 1st party exclusive, a multiplat game and a 3rd party exclusive. I've played more on Game pass that has released this in 2023 already (including xbox 1st party titles) than I'm sure you have on playstation. But yeah *Xbox players are so disgruntled:mjlol:

:therethere: Wait for E3

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Gamers are just toxic as fukk. Every game there’s a reason for somebody to trash it. Some games get pilled on more than others. Eventually it begins to look like all games are “bad”

For people not on forums steeping themselves in negativity there’s fun to be had in all of the recent so called “bad” games.

Log off, play some games. Be happy :cheers:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Gamers are just toxic as fukk. Every game there’s a reason for somebody to trash it. Some games get pilled on more than others. Eventually it begins to look like all games are “bad”

For people not on forums steeping themselves in negativity there’s fun to be had in all of the recent so called “bad” games.

Log off, play some games. Be happy :cheers:

Look at your post in the Forspoken thread👀