New study links tattoos with increased risk of lymphoma cancer...and the size doesn't matter

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

-A new study suggests a link between tattoos and an increased risk of developing malignant lymphoma, a blood cancer that affects the lymphatic system.

The claim comes from research published in May in the journal eClinicalMedicine, which found that having a tattoo was associated with 21% higher odds of a lymphoma diagnosis.1

Tattoos have grown in popularity in recent years—in the United States, 23% of people said they had a tattoo in 2010, compared to 32% in 2023—and researchers have become increasingly interested in investigating how they affect the body.2

Pew Research Center. 32% of Americans have a tattoo, including 22% who have more than one.

“The study suggests that tattoos may be a risk factor for malignant lymphoma that is actionable from a public health perspective,” the authors concluded.

-Researchers discovered that having a tattoo was associated with about 21% increased odds of lymphoma, with the size of the tattoo having no influence on a person’s risk.

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Starting at like 17 I spent the next few years stressing over what my first tat was gonna be until I ultimately decided I didn’t want one :skip:

Nothing else to add
I've been called boring so many times for not having one. There were times I thought about getting one but never did due to not being able to decide what I'd actually want. Plus I've never been one of those people who found it as attractive. I know so many woman that'll see somebody with tattoos and go "that's so hot". Maybe cause I knew enough dudes that would get tattoos simply because women found them attractive.

My ex was obsessed with tattoos and guys with tattoos and I asked why. She said because it shows how artistic she is. I asked her wouldn't the best way to show she's artistic be to actually just do something artistic. Instead she was willing to actually pay someone artistic to put a tattoo on her.

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I never liked needles so I never considered one that reason alone.

Plus, In a bit older and tattoos weren't considered professional to work in an office setting.

@IJustDap

You must have tats lol.
Yeah I think we're around the same age. That was a big problem I had with my girl getting em and made me not be in a rush. When I was working my way up the corporate ladder I didn't want to give them any excuses to not promote my black ass. I told my girl it's going to be hard to bring her to business events if she got tattoos all up and down her body. So for a long time she kept them confined to places that could be hidden.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
:sadcam: BARBARAAAAAAAAAA!!!
AEn-E0dfv-ESmv.jpg