New PS5 owners can claim a free first party game of their choice

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I don't see nothing... I just got my PS5 yesterday. The banner will probably pop up once at 4am SMH.
I opened up a support chat with a PlayStation rep after I saw this thread yesterday. I bought a new Spiderman 2 PS5 on the 5th of September and I never saw that banner either. He had me send over my serial number and he opened up a support ticket. I should hear something back about it within a couple days. I’ll post in here when I do.

This seems like a poorly implemented promotion by Sony because nobody knows who is supposed to be eligible for this and who isn’t. And like you, people who just purchased systems aren’t seeing this “banner” displayed in the PlayStation Store.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Update 10/3/2023 3:38 p.m. ET: The promotion in question appears to be limited to pre-selected PSN accounts, presumably those who already have a PS4 and haven’t yet upgraded to a PS5. Since this article first went live, Sony has no added the disclaimer “Invitation Only” to the top of the support page about redeeming free games.