New Posters, Prove You're Black.

FlexPavilion

Enshrined
Supporter
Daps
I guess you calling me a "c00n" just solidifies the embracement of your blackness though, right?
I mean, referring to others who you deem black, as "c00ns", is the epitome of embracing ones blackness, right?
That is some seriously moronic, rudimentary level shaming. You're dumping water on a whale.

Jamaicans identify as Jamaicans, Nigerians identify as Nigerians, Haitians identify as Haitians, Ghanaian's identify as Ghanaian's, etc.. being black is a given. Most, if not all non-AA blacks, at least as a collective, identify by nationality. African Americans typically identify as "black" because they don't have a predominately black country to call home, and they have literally encompassed what it means to be black. That is why you may come across non-AA blacks, dark as night, who say they're not black. They think to be black means to be African American.

Some mixed Jamaicans identify as black, some don't; just like anyone else.
Although, by and large, and regardless of race, those who grew up on the island identify as Jamaican.
I appreciate your response. Generally and universally speaking, Black is anyone with African roots. Black/African is a race. Haitian/Jamaican is not an ethnic identity, but still an identity, nonetheless. There are Blacks who deny their African heritage all together and forgive me for lumping you into that category. I know Nigerians and Haitians who consider themselves and identify as Black. When you said you don't identify as Black you made it sound like you are in denial of what your ethnic origin is and yes, that would make you a c00n. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
jacked your drawing breh
full

oooooooh shyttttttt LMFAOOOOOO

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
I guess you calling me a "c00n" just solidifies the embracement of your blackness though, right?
I mean, referring to others who you deem black, as "c00ns", is the epitome of embracing ones blackness, right?
That is some seriously moronic, rudimentary level shaming. You're dumping water on a whale.

Jamaicans identify as Jamaicans, Nigerians identify as Nigerians, Haitians identify as Haitians, Ghanaian's identify as Ghanaian's, etc.. being black is a given. Most, if not all non-AA blacks, at least as a collective, identify by nationality. African Americans typically identify as "black" because they don't have a predominately black country to call home, and they have literally encompassed what it means to be black. That is why you may come across non-AA blacks, dark as night, who say they're not black. They think to be black means to be African American.

Some mixed Jamaicans identify as black, some don't; just like anyone else.
Although, by and large, and regardless of race, those who grew up on the island identify as Jamaican.
For real... My Jamaican, Haitin, Nigerian, Ghana, Ethiopia, etc, brehs always claim Black, but they claim that first...

Daps
How did you come across this. ?

Across this message board? I grew up listening to hip-hop and a lot of the topics discussed on here (racism, discrimination, multiculturalism etc.) appeal to me because of my personal and academic background.