New PlayStation handheld powered by AMD is in development: Wccftech

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Handheld devices aren't really doing well these days.

It would make more sense to have an app which allows you to access Playstation games on your phone. Google and Apple get a cut but the lions share of profit goes back to Sony. Nintendo could do the same thing and capitalize off the fact that most people are walking around with smartphones that can stream or directly play games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
anyone who actually.believes this is fooling themselves. Sony ain’t making a damn dedicated Handheld again. It takes far too much resources to build handheld centric games or downgrade games that much. It’s taking long enough to put out games without adding an extra platform to the mix

And the steam deck is only successful in terms of getting more people into pc gaming. Steamdecks sales so far woluld be a disaster for sony launching a new powerful handheld in 202x

Its not happening

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
anyone who actually.believes this is fooling themselves. Sony ain’t making a damn dedicated Handheld again. It takes far too much resources to build handheld centric games or downgrade games that much. It’s taking long enough to put out games without adding an extra platform to the mix

And the steam deck is only successful in terms of getting more people into pc gaming. Steamdecks sales so far woluld be a disaster for sony launching a new powerful handheld in 202x

Its not happening
This plus they just came out with the Portal :dead:
How are nikkas falling for the okey doke
If anything the Portal will get an update to stream games from the PlayStation servers like we can from our PS5’s with an update soon :manny:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Nah, they're going to go for the high end. My thought is that Steam Deck already occupies that high end handheld space, though. There's not really room for two of those sorts of handhelds.

Maybe there's a market between the two, but it's thin. I don't care though; I'm all in on another Sony handheld. :blessed:
Actually there can be room between the two because people would pay for the playstation ecosystem, a good amount of people don't care to use or learn how to use steam and already have a solid PS library

It would immediately become the 2nd most popular handheld on the market behind the switch, steam deck is still niche amongst the general public, people who have it tend to be real gamers not casuals

Daps
Actually there can be room between the two because people would pay for the playstation ecosystem, a good amount of people don't care to use or learn how to use steam and already have a solid PS library

It would immediately become the 2nd most popular handheld on the market behind the switch, steam deck is still niche amongst the general public, people who have it tend to be real gamers not casuals
I think this is reasonable analysis. I think where we might disagree is that there's enough of a market of people who a) want a handheld and b) are already in the Sony ecosystem who c) didn't get either a Switch or a Steam Deck, which I think you'd need to make this work. But you might be right because I'm going off a hunch and not market surveys or anything like that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
After how the Vita was handled please leave the handhelds to Steam Deck and copycat devices. Focus on home consoles.