New Orleans, Brehs:Is Bounce Music/Clubs For Gays?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:stylin:

#RIP

Op looking for stuff like
DeafeningMellowBunny-max-1mb.gif
:picard:
:dame:

It won't be hard to find sadly:francis:

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Gonna be longwinded but i wanna cover a couple of things in my response.

You can always tell the age of someone indirectly based on music topics.

To be Honest I don't even like delving into topics.

alot has change musically in N.O. (its the same shyt when i hear folks who not from N.O. only throw Wayne Or Jay Electronica in the convo when discussing lyricist.....you'd be OFF quite surprised. The problem is people have this sad tendency to accept what given to them rather than scratch the surface.) like someone stated its a genre which has had a major influence. Its like everybody nowadays want to "mumble rap" or "trap rap".

Alot of people songs and they introducing themselves to the world were through bounce music. Juvenile had "Bounce For the Juvenile" that song was out when i was literally still in elementary, Master P had several songs like Thinking About You with Mia X his daughter has since done a remake, Soulja Slim song w/ Krazy "Getcha Mind Right" imo can be view as a bounce song.

Listen to the tempo (bpms) and Krazy adlibs..carefully. Mac Even before that you had locals like T.T Tucker, Joe Black, Pimp Daddy (RIP), Fila Fil and it wasn't all about penning a song that was cater to the women. And for the record the goofy weird shyt came later at like the edge of the influx . But you Actually had diss songs that were...bounce, but were laden with bars. Lets not get it confused. And even though It Aint My Fault is a gangster song w/ Silkk tha Shocker its roots was actually a 2nd line song from what ive been told by older cats.

UNLV (RIP Yella) who were like one of my favs " Drag Em In The River" is another well known that would fall into this category. If you listen to a song like "Boot Up or Shut Up" the bpm is high [probably like 95 bpms....when the average rap track is in the 80 range ...im not talking the the fast paced shyt], however the lyrics "5 plus 4 what do you get?" "Back then that was fighting words if you was saying that Uptown. It is what a Lil Jon track was.

But you know once a woman hears it and gets that energy in her or that liquor or whatever..she get to doing her thing. She dont give a damn about the song. Believe it or not ive seen brothers get into all out fights where jaws got broken behind that particular song. Josephine Johnny (and before one of y'all ask Josephine as in notorious Josephine street in N.O. (at aleast it was back then when i was growing up). Jospehine Johnny was always in and out of prison when i was growing up for some b.s. so i dont think he really took off like the latter i going to mention: 10th Ward Buck, Partners N Crime (back then they were called Prime Time) , 5th Ward Webbie , DJ Duck, DJ Jubliee, DJ BlackNmild (who now on Master P label). Ghetto Twinz who i had a crush on also. They are others but names escape me.

Webbie is seen like a icon because he has continue to sorta put that out. And if you listen to his album he actually has thuggish song, poetic song etc. Its not that these cats are "one-dimensional". Was this other skinny cat that was around too when i was in junior high that i cant remember son name. Foxx posted Choppa and the thing with him is IIRC Choppa song was such a thing at the time dude had like 5-6 different remixes off that one song. I think that was one of the reasons P signed him. PNC use to get alot of airplay by Wild Wayne and Q93 usually Before the 9'o clock props. with this . Now for the clueless brehs/ O.T cats in here the 9 o clock props was like a freestyle battle, you call in spit for 30 sec or possibly a min and the next person. Listeners would call in and vote.

I dont know if they do that nowadays cause i rarely listen to the radio- playing the same 10 songs in rotation aint playa ...too much payola. Also its like a smoke signal in the hood to a degree because chances are if you hearing that and it loud = block party. Alot of it is instructions what i mean by that is it's song that basically instructing the listeners to do such and such like Monsta with The Fade Hut Hut which is for the females. He has a sister called BattleCat who I'm hearing is on the same thing. Even had some nut ass song called "Bunny Hop" that was the song while i was in H.S.

New Orleans culture is rich and it creative. You can take a song like Beethoven Fur Elise and speed it up. Its the opposite of what Houston has in terms of the Screw Music. Dudes mostly went to the block parties to get in the ear of a chick they see on the dance floor. And knock her for her number. If you were a brother that can pop-lock or breakdance back then ........you were winning with the ladies.

Had to edit this post but

One thing you all must realize is alot of these cadences and how they are delivered on songs comes from something deeper. Mardi Gras Indians and Congo Square. It's also telling given the perspective of someone like DJ Jubliee -given his affiliation with Krewe Karnaval --

but I won't delve into bro cause I'm not with downplaying another bro.

Last edited:

Brolic Scholar

Licensed Text Technician
Daps
Reppin
Unknown Side Effects
Mannn... bruh's post just took me back. I'm glad I grew up when New Orleans was overflowing with talent and culture. There were so many rappers and artists back in the day. The "trigger man" beat Is the OG bounce sample. Aka "Drag Rap" by the Show Boys.

So many bounce classics I'd be here all night posting. Dudes are only scratching the surface.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Gonna be longwinded but i wanna cover a couple of things in my response.

To be Honest alot has change musically in N.O. (its the same shyt when i hear folks who not from N.O. only throw Wayne Or Jay Electronica in the convo when discussing lyricist.....you'd be quite surprised.) like someone stated its a genre which has had a major influence. Its like everybody nowadays want to "mumble rap" or "trap rap". Alot of people songs and they introducing themselves to the world were through bounce music. Juvenile had "Bounce For the Juvenile" that song was out when i was literally still in elementary, Master P had several songs like Thinking About You with Mia X his daughter has since done a remake, Soulja Slim song w/ Krazy "Getcha Mind Right" imo can be view as a bounce song. Listen to the tempo (bpms) and Krazy adlibs..carefully. Even before that you had locals like T.T Tucker, Joe Black, Pimp Daddy (RIP), Fila Fil and it wasn't all about penning a song that was cater to the women. Actually had diss songs that were...bounce, but were laden with bars. Lets not get it confused. And even though It Aint My Fault is a gangster song w/ Silkk tha Shocker its roots was actually a 2nd line song from what ive been told by older cats.

UNLV (RIP Yella) who were like one of my favs " Drag Em In The River" is another well known that would fall into this category. If you listen to a song like "Boot Up or Shut Up" the bpm is high, however the lyrics "5 plus 4 what do you get?" "You get a 9th ward n*gga running in yo shyt". Back then that was fighting words if you was saying that Uptown

But you know once a woman hears it and gets that energy in her or that Clicquot or whatever..she get to doing her thing. She dont give a damn about the song. Believe it or not ive seen brothers get into all out fights where jaws got broken behind that particular song. Josephine Johnny (and before one of y'all ask Josephine as in notorious Josephine street in N.O. (at aleast it was back then when i was growing up). Jospehine Johnny was always in and out of prison when i was growing up for some b.s. so i dont think he really took off like the latter i going to mention: Partners N Crime (back then they were called Prime Time) , 5th Ward Webbie , DJ Duck, DJ Jubliee, DJ BlackNmild (who now on Master P label). Ghetto Twinz who i had a crush on also. Webbie is seen like a icon because he has continue to sorta put that out. And if you listen to his album he actually has thuggish song, poetic song etc. Its not that these cats are "one-dimensional". Was this other skinny cat that was around too when i was in junior high that i cant remember son name. Foxx posted Choppa and the thing with him is IIRC Choppa song was such a thing at the time dude had like 5-6 different remixes off that one song. I think that was one of the reasons P signed him. PNC use to get alot of airplay by Wild Wayne and Q93 usually Before the 9'o clock props. with this . Now for the clueless brehs/ O.T cats in here the 9 o clock props was like a freestyle battle, you call in spit for 30 sec or possibly a min and the next person. Listeners would call in and vote. I dont know if they do that nowadays cause i rarely listen to the radio- playing the same 10 songs in rotation aint playa ...too much payola. Also its like a smoke signal in the hood to a degree because chances are if you hearing that and it loud = block party. Alot of it is instructions what i mean by that is it's song that basically instructing the listeners to do such and such like Monsta with The Fade Hut Hut which is for the females. Even had some nut ass song called "Bunny Hop" that was the song while i was in H.S.

New Orleans culture is rich and it creative. You can take a song like Beethoven Fur Elise and speed it up. Its the opposite of what Houston has in terms of the Screw Music. Dudes mostly went to the block parties to get in the ear of a chick they see on the dance floor. If you were a brother that can pop-lock or breakdance back then ........you were winning with the ladies.

Any spots that strictly play bounce on a Saturday night?