New Orleans accent.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So (forgive me), I've never been to New Orleans.

Seems like a lot of people make their way to the Big Easy at least once for Mardi Gras, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

In any case, yesterday at the bar someone mentioned that the NY accent is actually derived from the New Orleans accent...and that it made its way to New York via travelers...since both NY and NO are port cities.

So I looked up New Orleans accent and this lady was talking...

Is this really how people in New Orleans sound?

I've been led to believe that Southern drawl was all over the south.
Apparently not

:patrice:

Do you have a Southern accent?

Interesting I always thought their were some similarities between the ny and NO accent

I remember when Emeril Lagase became big I thought he had a ny accent at first. He didn't pronounce r's at the end of the word instead it was an "aw" sound like a ny'er

Daps
I'm from NY and always get confused with Nawlins nikkas. They're similar and the stereotype that NYers have ugly accents is false cause we stay pulling southern bytches even though some ppl up north give us a bad rep. A highly educated Brooklyn nikka can easily get confused with having a cajun accent.

Edit: I'm talking about the cajun accent not the southern slang shyt.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
I'm from NY and always get confused with Nawlins nikkas. They're similar and the stereotype that NYers have ugly accents is false cause we stay pulling southern bytches even though some ppl up north give us a bad rep. A highly educated Brooklyn nikka can easily get confused with having a cajun accent.
:what::mjlol:

Especially that last part :russ: