New ‘Not Like Us’ video reference revealed. “say Drake, I heard you like em young - Cellblock One” prison scene | Kendrick Lamar easter egg (🧵)

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
the owlettes calling kendrick music likers some bozos
but they were really tryna force the narrative that drake had a double agent

a56.gif

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:wow:Kendrick making people think while Drake. Is making people think about teenage fever crazy.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Dave Free loses a lot of creativity points when his "inspired by" is a direct fukking copy of a famous work :snoop:

Directors referencing art, photos etc is pretty common. Not just in music vids, that's common in film too. Including from great directors (Kubrick did it quite often).

People dismissing the connection tells me it's more about fatigue/disinterest and the over reliance on "content" over art. Just looking at the specific type of speakers in those pictures, as well as the portraits facing the wall, tells me everything I need to know. And given that the video also references LaToya Ruby Frazier's work later in the video (the black and white scene in Kendrick's grandmother's living room), I think it's safe to say it was intentional. Dave Free cares about his craft...I see nothing wrong with acknowledging it. There are certainly aspects of his style/aesthetic that I'm not a fan of but I respect him as an artist.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Dave Free loses a lot of creativity points when his "inspired by" is a direct fukking copy of a famous work :snoop:
That sounds stupid as fukk when he intentionally used this as an easter egg to reference Drake pedophilia and Israeli backing. :dead:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
So you acknowledge it was intentional? :wow:

I thought he came up with a lot of shyt on his own tbh. I don't like that easter egg hidden message shyt these days lol

Especially when the song is blatant. Obviously we don't need to see :sitdown: type shyt but i thought they would just come up with something different and original

having all these cryptic messages cheaper it for me :hubie: