new hood movie "Kicks"

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
If y'all want to see a real Bay Area hood flick see Licks, the co-writer on that film (Hongry) is a real one and is actually connected with the life the film portrayed. The cinematography is great and the story (although a little generic) is well told and is a great period piece for street life in Oakland. It has something to say about a lot of contemporary issues as well (gentrification, underage sex trafficking, the oppression of felons in America, etc.)

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If y'all want to see a real Bay Area hood flick see Licks, the co-writer on that film (Hongry) is a real one and is actually connected with the life the film portrayed. The cinematography is great and the story (although a little generic) is well told and is a great period piece for street life in Oakland. It has something to say about a lot of contemporary issues as well (gentrification, underage sex trafficking, the oppression of felons in America, etc.)
I've been wanting to see that. Is there a link?

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I've been reaching out to these cats. I want a Blu-ray cut. I might just have to order off of amazon