Never played GTA IV. Worth going back for at this point?

GTA 4 worth playing in 2019?

• Yes :blessed:

Votes: 59 72.8%
  • No :larry:

Votes: 22 27.2%

• Total voters

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Bruh

it's factually incorrect that V has better physics than IV.

That's literally the main thing people compare the two and hate V for...shytty action figure physics. You're going to hate VI man, it'll be like RDR2 and IV combined.

in regards to what? other than driving and shooting, I think everything else in V has better physics. Didn't even realize half of it until watching the video posted in here

And heists were the truth to me lol. Loads of replayability

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Take away the nostalgia and easily 3 is the worst breh. There's nothing that game had you couldnt get out of VC or SA
But it came out before those games. You can't judge it like that, they're supposed to be better. IV came out after San Andreas and was far inferior.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
MUCH better storyline than V's trash one. Focus more on organized crime and drug crews. Accurately did that gritty NYC underworld greatly.

These clowns swear V is better than IV

Dudes are saying V has better physics, these posters wouldn't know realism if he hit them in the face

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
These clowns swear V is better than IV

Dudes are saying V has better physics, these posters wouldn't know realism if he hit them in the face

The peds in GTA IV alone are superior to the ones in V and there are even videos basically making V look horrible. I thought I didnt like IV but I played IV multiple times so much that I lost track. I beat V on the PS3 ONCE and never went back to it on the PS3. Storyline was dry and boring. Also less interiors. I remember going up all the stairs in that project building in North Holland(Harlem) outside of missions.:wow:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
The peds in GTA IV alone are superior to the ones in V and there are even videos basically making V look horrible. I thought I didnt like IV but I played IV multiple times so much that I lost track. I beat V on the PS3 ONCE and never went back to it on the PS3. Storyline was dry and boring. Also less interiors. I remember going up all the stairs in that project building in North Holland(Harlem) outside of missions.:wow:

People in this thread have a strong bias against IV just because it's old

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got it on pc 2nd hand 5 bucks complete edition, saw it in a thrift shop shortly after i made this topic. Never played past the first 20 mins of Gay Tony :francis: Wasn't bad or anything, just can't get myself to commit to anything anymore Since then got a new pc and lost the disc. :pachaha:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
in regards to what? other than driving and shooting, I think everything else in V has better physics. Didn't even realize half of it until watching the video posted in here

And heists were the truth to me lol. Loads of replayability

Only the first heist was of any value. All the others only offered superficial decisions that had little to no impact on how the mission played out.

Started playing this :hhh: at nikkas say it's better than v.

Driving is complete garbage, driving around on ice.
Combat system is garbage
Radio is the worst:picard:, who the fukk tryna drive around listening to fukking swizz beatz and Joel Ortiz?
Characters are lame.

Don't see me finishing this shyt. Only 3d gta i never went back to and now I'm reminded why. :scusthov:

Well the game has also aged over the 12 years it has been out so it’s not really fair to judge it based on 2020 expectations. It was amazing when it came out and IMO a much better game than the three stooges episode that is GTA V.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Combat system is garbage
Radio is the worst:picard:, who the fukk tryna drive around listening to fukking swizz beatz and Joel Ortiz?
Characters are lame.

Don't see me finishing this shyt. Only 3d gta i never went back to and now I'm reminded why. :scusthov:
Lmaoo the radio station was garbage as fukk

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
People who think this can't say they're knowledgeable about GTA or fans of the series
Very, very true. Not only that you can not make a game thats GTA 4+SA during 2008 on gen 7 hardware when devs were just begining to understand the hardware lol. V BARELY ran on gen 7 hardware and was TWO discs on the 360 and yet it STILL sacrificed interiors and other things lol!

Also GTA SA while good probably had the worst textures of any 3D GTA game. San Fierro was basically unfinished and you can tell they rushed that region of the game.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Combat system is garbage
Characters are lame.

Radio station wasn't the best compared to other GTA games but..... The Hip Hop soundtrack in IV was what NYers were listening to in the 2000s plus they update it with the EFLC. Heck watch Brooklyn's Finest.