Never played GTA IV. Worth going back for at this point?

GTA 4 worth playing in 2019?

• Yes :blessed:

Votes: 59 72.8%
  • No :larry:

Votes: 22 27.2%

• Total voters

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
GTA IV is immersive and has a better story and protagonist than V

V is trash af and your gonna say the same thing when VI comes out
Nope. If that was the case i wouldn't care for the ps2 era ones. And i felt this way well before v even came out, this recent play just validated my opinion.

Last edited:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Nope. If that was the case i wouldn't care for the ps2 era ones. And i get this way well before v even came out, this recent play just validated my opinion.

IT'S just an opinion. Nothing more

you only like the PS2 GTAs because of nostalgia.

271K likes and 46k dislikes, looks like your opinion is the minority

Sinister

Banned
Daps
People who think this can't say they're knowledgeable about GTA or fans of the series
I started with the 1 and London double pack thing. Never played 2. I had 3, VC, and SA. Got IV the day it came out and played a lot of 5

Never played lcs or vcs

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Maybe

Gameplay is dated

But it comes with the dlc and a lot of content so it's up to you

Kairi Irving

Daps
Or i played them recently. :unimpressed:

So? I played GTA IV a lot since V released. I beat V once and never played the story again. V has better graphics....that's really it. You have a casual mindset that thinks (easy for me to drive, better graphics ITS BETTER)

While ignoring that IV had way more things to do than V. V was a downgrade in every way except graphically.

Kairi Irving

Daps
I started with the 1 and London double pack thing. Never played 2. I had 3, VC, and SA. Got IV the day it came out and played a lot of 5

Never played lcs or vcs

Because you wouldn't say that if you knew Rockstar was going for realism at that time, so it bored a lot of people. which is why V is the way it is.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My main problem was 4 was that you never felt like you had shyt, I know this was down to it not being the kind of rags to riches story most of the others were, but it felt like GTA3 again In The sense that there wasn’t shyt to do with your money except buy guns

With that said it was still a dope game minus the weird driving mechanics, I loved the gritty NYC feel and the story was cool

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Started playing this :hhh: at nikkas say it's better than v.

Driving is complete garbage, driving around on ice.
Combat system is garbage
Radio is the worst:picard:, who the fukk tryna drive around listening to fukking swizz beatz and Joel Ortiz?
Characters are lame.

Don't see me finishing this shyt. Only 3d gta i never went back to and now I'm reminded why. :scusthov:

Not better than 5 imo but I think it's at least worth finishing. It's still a solid game.

Never thought about the music being dated though :mjlol:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Not better than 5 imo but I think it's at least worth finishing. It's still a solid game.

Never thought about the music being dated though :mjlol:

So? I played GTA IV a lot since V released. I beat V once and never played the story again. V has better graphics....that's really it. You have a casual mindset that thinks (easy for me to drive, better graphics ITS BETTER)

While ignoring that IV had way more things to do than V. V was a downgrade in every way except graphically.

Gonna have to disagree. The heists in V >>> than just about anything in VI. Physics and side activities excluded.

I think the heists really don't get enough praise

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

Better physics, better combat, better driving, better map, better radio, better characters, better customization, better shyt to spend money on, better moral choice selection, there's more shyt to do in v, fukk darts and bowling, the character stats.

I ain't beat 4 since it came out, so i gotta see else. But that's all off the top of my head.

Kairi Irving

Daps
Better physics, better combat, better driving, better map, better radio, better characters, better customization, better shyt to spend money on, better moral choice selection, there's more shyt to do in v, fukk darts and bowling, the character stats.

I ain't beat 4 since it came out, so i gotta see else. But that's all off the top of my head.

Better characters and physics? Yeah you're freebasing

Kairi Irving

Daps
Can't even walk by a car without getting hit and falling on the ground in slow motion. Roman woat gta character, Bruce a close second. :yeshrug:

Bruh

it's factually incorrect that V has better physics than IV.

That's literally the main thing people compare the two and hate V for...shytty action figure physics. You're going to hate VI man, it'll be like RDR2 and IV combined.