Netflix Now Worth 145 Billion (Update: Over 150 Billion)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
They are going to raise the prices and people are going to keep paying...

Most of their new subscribers are cord cutters who ditched cable...and guess how much them cable bills are? WAY more than netflix...
Accept rising prices and be surprised when your streaming services cost as much as your cable bill brehs

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
They'll be worth 150 Billion once they reboot The Critic

a59.gif

:feedme:

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
As a shareholder, this is great news! But even without that, of all the often bloated, overvalued and predatory high earning companies around today, Netflix is one of the ones that has earned its accolades and continued revenue.

They changed the game by recognizing an opening in previously untaped (or barely tapped) markets and remained innovative, even in the face of staunch opposition. And there would be no Hulu or AVP or HBO Go if not for them, imo.

But I'm honestly kind of surprised their earlier price hike keeps being brought up. The reason the 2011 increase was so negatively received is because at the time, there were 0 Netflix originals and they were in a seemingly never-ending uphill battle for streaming rights with the big studios - leaving them with content that constantly fluctuated in quality/availability - so it seemed unreasonable. But once they started producing high end originals it was a wrap.

Netflix has proved to be such a value that it remains a staple in millions of households globally, but especially in the US/North America. I've had it so long that it's become just another utility bill. I don't even notice when the price goes up a few dollars because I still feel I'm getting my money's worth.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I guess it depends on what ur personal taste is.

I haven't watched it yet but I know alot of black folks ain't really into sci fi like that.

I'm one of the select few black brehs that loves sh1t like Star Wars/Star Trek etc so this is right up my alley

Plus IGN gave the first season a 8.5 which is good

:manny:

I thoroughly enjoyed Lost In Space. I plan on re-watching it again soon.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Could they hit a trillion?
-sports packages live (olympics, World Cup, Super Bowl)
-big budget movie premiers
- live world news

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I remember reading an article about Netflix for class. Basically Netflix always had this plan to stream movies online, but when they first came out internet connections were not that great at the time so they went for the physical media. So they waited for the technology to catch up. What was even funnier in the article that Blockbuster had a chance to purchase Netflix when they was on top, but didn't because they didn't think Netflix's business model would take off like that.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I remember reading an article about Netflix for class. Basically Netflix always had this plan to stream movies online, but when they first came out internet connections were not that great at the time so they went for the physical media. So they waited for the technology to catch up. What was even funnier in the article that Blockbuster had a chance to purchase Netflix when they was on top, but didn't because they didn't think Netflix's business model would take off like that.
And then before even seeing strong competition or decline they have swiftly and aggressively invested into original content so they wouldn't be dependent on studios who would likely want to create their own service.

Netflix has put on a master class in foresight