Netflix is raising their prices again

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
You not getting all that with cable for $100 a month. Netflix much better bang for your buck cut it out

How the fukk you know how much my bill is B? :gucci:

You cool with the price increase, that's great. I'm getting sick of them raising prices but not increasing my enjoyment commensurately. FOH.:camby:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:what:

That $100 for cable gives me a DVR, live HD sports, and access to HBO, Starz, Cinemax, and Showtime, plus has more shyt that I actually want to watch than Netflix and brings me newer movies sooner.

Meanwhile Netflix keeps raising its prices but offers me the least amount of exclusive stuff that I actually want to watch. Buncha foreign language dramas and shyt from Turkey or Eastern Europe, and the good Original shows they do pump out get axed after a year or two.

Probably won't be keeping Netflix on the docket more than another year or two.
I still got Direct TV and these days its only good for live sports imo. All the channels including the premiums are damn near worthless. They have me on a special long time customer 50% off my bill for one year. They're pretty much bushes once that's up

Son Goku

Daps
I still got Direct TV and these days its only good for live sports imo. All the channels including the premiums are damn near worthless. They have me on a special long time customer 50% off my bill for one year. They're pretty much bushes once that's up

Not to be that guy, but this thread isn't about cable. Ole buddy brought up Netflix being a better deal than cable, I disagreed, then he told me how much cable is even though he has no idea what I pay for, where I live, or through whom. :wtb: The price of cable or DirecTV has nothing to do with Netflix prices going up since most people with cable prolly wouldn't bush live TV for just Netflix. :ehh:

YMMV. :yeshrug:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Not to be that guy, but this thread isn't about cable. Ole buddy brought up Netflix being a better deal than cable, I disagreed, then he told me how much cable is even though he has no idea what I pay for, where I live, or through whom. :wtb: The price of cable or DirecTV has nothing to do with Netflix prices going up since most people with cable prolly wouldn't bush live TV for just Netflix. :ehh:

YMMV. :yeshrug:
I hear you.. but you blacked a bit over a one dollar increase. :yeshrug:

Son Goku

Daps
I hear you.. but you blacked a bit over a one dollar increase. :yeshrug:

It's not the amount of the increase, it's the fact that they keep raising prices but aren't adding any value. :francis: Not live sports, not new movies, none of that.

The amount of shows exclusively on Netflix (and not other streaming sources) is, for me personally, decreasing each year, and whenever an original show I like does come out, it seems to get cancelled after two seasons or so. It's not like a bunch of new shyt I want to watch is constantly dropping. :unimpressed:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It's not the amount of the increase, it's the fact that they keep raising prices but aren't adding any value. :francis: Not live sports, not new movies, none of that.

The amount of shows exclusively on Netflix (and not other streaming sources) is, for me personally, decreasing each year, and whenever an original show I like does come out, it seems to get cancelled after two seasons or so. It's not like a bunch of new shyt I want to watch is constantly dropping. :unimpressed:
Think about it. ESPN, TNT, CBS, FOX, etc have to pay the NFL, NBA, MLB billions and billions of dollars to air their games on their network. Live sports added to Netflix would put it at $40 bucks or more per month. Netflix makes their own movies now cause most of the studios don't want to sell them their catalogs and help get even more popular. Alot of these studios feel that Netflix helped destroy the 150 year movie business model and they're a disruptor to the industry. You do have a point with them canceling some of their better shows though. I definitely agree with that.

Last edited:

Son Goku

Daps
Think about it. ESPN, TNT, CBS, FOX, etc have to pay the NFL, NBA, MLB billions and billions of dollars to air their games on their network. Live sports added to Netflix would put it at $40 bucks or more per month. Netflix makes their own movies now cause most of the studios don't want to sell them their catalogs and help get even more popular.

I understand all of that. I'm not saying Netflix should have newer movies, live TV, or sports, just saying that an increase in price without an increase in value is always no bueno.:no:

It'd be like paying an extra 2 bucks moving forward for a pizza that's the same size with the same quality of ingredients; the price increased but my meal didn't. :gucci:

Another way of putting this is that Netflix used to be the best streaming service to me, but with Hulu and Amazon Prime having closed the gap (and Prime Video is "free" for Prime members), I guess I don't see the point in continuing to pay Netflix's higher prices.
:hubie:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
shytty that you can’t even get 4K without bumping up to the highest plan. Lame. Disney+, Apple TV , Amazon Prime, others all push 4K without some lame up charge.

Thinking about canceling at the end of the year and rolling with Disney+/Prime/Apple
That was always questionable to me.