Need Help Buying A Gaming PC/Laptop For Christmas!!!

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Shady mufukkaz gon shady:francis:

I was going for this ( Starter Pro PC ) as I look in the product details I see ,,, NZXT know better than that

• Brand

Team

• Series

T-FORCE Vulcan Z

• Capacity

16GB (2 x 8GB)

• Speed

3000 MHz (max speed)
  • T-Force-Vulcan-Z-review.jpg

• Motherboard Model B560 Motherboard :skip: which one ????
  • Power Supply 500W Bronze :skip: which one ????

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I was going for this ( Starter Pro PC ) as I look in the product details I see ,,, NZXT know better than that

• Brand

Team

• Series

T-FORCE Vulcan Z

• Capacity

16GB (2 x 8GB)

• Speed

3000 MHz (max speed)

to be fair, a lot of the times they might not specify because they use whatever they can get their hands on. so it might be different from build to build. but yeah, that just makes it more of a crapshoot trying to figure out what you're gonna get

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was about to order a prebuilt computer, this is what I noticed

1.some builders aren't giving details/brand about the motherboard
2. Some are installing one memory sticks
3.I seen a couple high profile builders use some memory brand called OLOy ........... the dahell
4. seen some with inferior and slow CPU coolers...... I seen one cooler look like a damn athlon xp cooler
5. undisclosed PSU information and brands

I may have to wait it out to build my own

I have a cool master (master case,, I still really like this case, dosen't look outdate,, may just keep it and buy new parts

master%20case.webp

Nzxt allows you to pick your motherboard.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

• Brand

Team

• Series

T-FORCE Vulcan Z

• Capacity

16GB (2 x 8GB)

• Speed

3000 MHz (max speed)

Whats wrong the ram? It has 4.7 rating on amazon..

This is a entry level pc.. The fukk you expect:mjlol:..

I got this Motherboard with mine from nzxt
Amazon.com: ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero Z490 (WiFi 6) LGA 1200 (Intel 10th Gen) ATX Gaming Motherboard, 14+2 Power Stages, DDR4 4800+, 5Gbps LAN, Intel LAN : Electronics

If you want to know what you're getting... Pick your own parts..

They make their money by selling you their case, coolers, builder fee, etc..

NZXT is better than sitting around waiting for parts to make the same pc at the same price

or just go to microcenter and build it there

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I haven't built a pc in 20 years breh:francis:
easier now than ever.. at least with

1) having a smartphone or ipad around you can youtube videos while doing it, we used to go in blind with no help back in teh day :laff:
2) the instruction manuals on pieces and motherboards seemed to have improved an insane amount
3) the different type of slots on a motherboard seemed to have gone down so its easier to line things up, its basically just processor, RAM, video card and SSD at this point :ld: hardest things for me usually are the front USB slots but now cases and motherboards are easy for that and additional fans :mjlol:

Do you have a Microcenter near you ? Maybe give dude $1000 gift card or cash and say this is only for a custom computer, and then yall can go and pick out the parts we help you with :gladbron:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
OP just build a PC w/ my son. Like others said, it can be a great bonding opportunity.
If anything, just buy all the same parts from one of those tutorial vids, and then y'all can follow along as y'all watching.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
easier now than ever.. at least with

1) having a smartphone or ipad around you can youtube videos while doing it, we used to go in blind with no help back in teh day :laff:
2) the instruction manuals on pieces and motherboards seemed to have improved an insane amount
3) the different type of slots on a motherboard seemed to have gone down so its easier to line things up, its basically just processor, RAM, video card and SSD at this point :ld: hardest things for me usually are the front USB slots but now cases and motherboards are easy for that and additional fans :mjlol:

Do you have a Microcenter near you ? Maybe give dude $1000 gift card or cash and say this is only for a custom computer, and then yall can go and pick out the parts we help you with :gladbron:

he bought this laptop
ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QR-MB98Q 15.6" Gaming Laptop Computer Platinum Collection - Gray; AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX 3.3GHz - Micro Center

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nah, saved a yard and got this one. Bigger screen, better cooling, camera (no camera on the Asus... Weird) , thunderbolt port since it's Intel. The keys were better on this joint than the Asus and it had a number pad.

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-55-743T 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer Platinum Collection - Black; Intel Core i7 11th Gen - Micro Center

Tried to talk him out of the laptop but he was hell bent on it :hubie:

Got 15 days if he wants a desktop built instead but he's adamant on a laptop. Return policy ends on the 6th :hubie:

Tellin him tomorrow don't come back to me until college. He in 9th grade now so :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
OP just build a PC w/ my son. Like others said, it can be a great bonding opportunity.
If anything, just buy all the same parts from one of those tutorial vids, and then y'all can follow along as y'all watching.
Video cards are the problem. Prebuilts with 3080s are running 3 racks

For college I'll get him a MacBook or desktop tho. This laptop should be Gucci for him for a minute.