need advice. my 17 year old cousin on the wrong path. (no duck tales)

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
tell your aunt to kick him out for a week. take his phone his keys all that. he'll come back in 2 days with a new outlook on life. tell him if he don't straighten up that's what his ass gon be like in a few years

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Like others have said...It may be too late.

Only thing that may wake him up is getting his skull caved in running the streets.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
He's 17,it's basically over.

He's going to have to fukk up on his own and change himself..talking to him is over.

:aicmon: I was a dumbass when I was 17 and now I'm working two jobs and making the dean's list at school.

Just get this dude a job(any real job), and try to put him around normal people and he'll be alright.

Assata Shakur

In Cuba chilling
Daps
Ain't nothing wrong with the thug life just let him know if he is gone be about it then he got to be a 100% with it

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
He lives with my aunt. never had a real father. we do not live in the same state. he lives in georgia. does bad in school. hangs out with the wrong crowd. he doesnt care about going to college.

treats my aunt like shyt. stays out all night. tried talking to him last week but he didn't listen.

everyone else in the fam giving up on him except my aunt but i refuse to.

what do i do?

Plan a trip and take him out for some sht he likes. Does he play games alot? Take him to the game spot to choose a game for you to buy him, does he like to smoke? Cop a loud pack and smoke some dank with him, whatever you do the point is to make him happy so he'll speak freely with you and listen. Whilst he's comfortable ask him why he's fukking up in school, find out why he's not doing well, be cool about it though.

You may find out that he actually wants to do well but cant because he has no study structure, in which case you need to explain to him that you're going to help him structure his time so his grade can get better.

The other alternative is that he just doesn't care about college. If he says he doesnt want to go to college really explain the consequences of not going, explain how important school is and how he could end up a bum if he doesn't get his sht right, if you're convincing enough you'll shake his ass up.

If he still doesn't act right after that, let him be, as there's nothing you can do about it, just make sure that if he drops out you're there to help him plan his next step.

The bad crowd bullsht is something a lot of kids go through, the only thing you can do to help him is chop up game with him regularly. He's probably going to hang out with that crowd regardless of what ya'll want, so your aim should be to wise him up so that whilst he is fckin with that crowd he doesn't get caught up.

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
I got a cousin like that. He got a twin sister who got a scholarship

Meanwhile he got a kid with a 22yo+ lady and live with her. Tatted up no job dropped out

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
Yeah I know people like him. They feel like:cape: when they have their shytty ass friends supporting their antics. Don't worry he'll straighten out when he sees the success of his peers and notices how nothing good is going on in his life, or he'll crash and crash HARD
:manny:

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
What is it about young nikkas that make them so damn hard headed. I wouldnt listen to shyt and thats what landed me somewhere I didnt wanna be. People was constantly telling me where I was headed and I just gave them the :stopitslime: Fam,teachers and coaches. It didnt matter that I saw my nikkas taking them lil vacations and knew what they was there for I still kept going hard in the paint until I ended up with them its like young nikkas think they invincible till they get jammed up or laid down what makes us that way when we young?

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Plan a trip and take him out for some sht he likes. Does he play games alot? Take him to the game spot to choose a game for you to buy him, does he like to smoke? Cop a loud pack and smoke some dank with him, whatever you do the point is to make him happy so he'll speak freely with you and listen. Whilst he's comfortable ask him why he's fukking up in school, find out why he's not doing well, be cool about it though.

You may find out that he actually wants to do well but cant because he has no study structure, in which case you need to explain to him that you're going to help him structure his time so his grade can get better.

The other alternative is that he just doesn't care about college. If he says he doesnt want to go to college really explain the consequences of not going, explain how important school is and how he could end up a bum if he doesn't get his sht right, if you're convincing enough you'll shake his ass up.

If he still doesn't act right after that, let him be, as there's nothing you can do about it, just make sure that if he drops out you're there to help him plan his next step.

The bad crowd bullsht is something a lot of kids go through, the only thing you can do to help him is chop up game with him regularly. He's probably going to hang out with that crowd regardless of what ya'll want, so your aim should be to wise him up so that whilst he is fckin with that crowd he doesn't get caught up.

This.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He lives with my aunt. never had a real father. we do not live in the same state. he lives in georgia. does bad in school. hangs out with the wrong crowd. he doesnt care about going to college.

treats my aunt like shyt. stays out all night. tried talking to him last week but he didn't listen.

everyone else in the fam giving up on him except my aunt but i refuse to.

what do i do?

ount your losses and move on. Visit him sometimes in jail and put money on his books

Banned Account12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i went thru the same phase as a teen, rebellious and hard-headed

didn't appreciate or value the many opportunities that i had

had to learn the hard way when i caught my first case and the nikkas that i thought were my friends ratted on me. I changed my life when i got out, cut off all my old homies, and enrolled in school. Been str8 ever since, but yu kno a nikka go thru mo shyt than a lil bit from time to time...but fukk it, thats life

my advice is continue trying to talk some sense into him, but more than likely he will have to learn on his own