Need a TV for my living room, should I just wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
yes I know there’s a vast difference between 1080 and 4k...that’s why I said it

I was asking tho if the difference between LCD/LED v. OLED as far as viewing quality as notable?

I appreciate the part in bold tho...I didn’t fully get the fundamental difference
Go to a Best Buy with a Magnolia, or a high end electronics store and look in person. Have them play the same 4K Blu-Ray on both types. You'll know.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
sounds like a plan...granted I’ll be strictly “window shopping”
Make sure they don't have them in that shytty Vivid mode:hhh:, or the anti-judder mode that causes Soap Opera Effect:scust:. If you can see them side by side, the blacks, colors and lack of bleeding should be night and day.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
500 hundred

May as well wait around to Black Friday w that budget. Look at places like HH Gregg, Brandsmart, Costco, Walmart, and Bestbuy obviously. With the right planning you should find something decent.

Also, look at rtings.com for the best budget tvs so you can know exactly the top dogs at your price point.

Last edited:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
yes I know there’s a vast difference between 1080 and 4k...that’s why I said it

I was asking tho if the difference between LCD/LED v. OLED as far as viewing quality as notable?

I appreciate the part in bold tho...I didn’t fully get the fundamental difference

Anybody that tell you OLED isn't the best picture you can buy is either 1) a hater that can't afford, or 2) a salesman for another brand tryna sale their company's product.

The blacks on OLEDs are perfect. Nothing on the market comes close at the moment and YES it is VERY noticeable.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anybody that tell you OLED isn't the best picture you can buy is either 1) a hater that can't afford, or 2) a salesman for another brand tryna sale their company's product.

The blacks on OLEDs are perfect. Nothing on the market comes close at the moment and YES it is VERY noticeable.

to be fair no one’s ever told me that...from the price/specs OLEDs are obviously superior TVs...I was just curious how much so in comparison to LEDs...I’ll definitely do more research but the price is too high...regular 4k LEDs meet my needs for now...maybe there'll be significant price drops around the time I’m ready to cop a PS5

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
the best time to buy a tv is February

all the new models get announced at CES in January and last years models get a big price cut to make room for the new models about to drop

if you absolutely need a tv now just get whatever cheap tv you can find to hold you over

then cop a 2019 flagship tv for the low in February

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps

all the new models get announced at CES in January and last years models get a big price cut to make room for the new models about to drop

if you absolutely need a tv now just get whatever cheap tv you can find to hold you over

Exactly. They also overstock for Superbowl they'll be cutting prices to get rid of shyt

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

:ohhh: I was about to see if I can cop a Q80R next month but I can wait for February 2020.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
LED TVs are relatively cheap now...if you have a specific size/budget you may not even have to wait for black fri.

if you’re comfortable w/ LG...you can get a respectable 65” for just over $550...you could get a samsung (my preferred choice) @ the same size for $550 on the nose as well

*if that’s too huge a jump for you...a very solid 50-55” LED LG/samsung TV can be bought right now for $300-500...you can of course wait around to see if you get them cheaper on black fri....if not tho these are pretty great prices imo...that 32” probably cost more than $300 back in 2010
I call a Walmart near me and they said it was 538 for that slick deals LG

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
ya those type of deals expire fast...still $538 is not a bad price but black fri. is just a little over a month away if you can hold out
Yea I'll fall back for now. Black Friday I'll get TV for the bed and Living room

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Target has 65” tcl’s for $500 right now

LED picture quality is fine, though OLED is superior, especially when it comes to off axis viewing

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I would spend no less than $600 USD for the TCL 6 Series unless you're not a heavy TV watcher.