Need a TV for my living room, should I just wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Last time I looked there was a few TV's out there without 4k but as you know technology moves fast so 4k now can be the standard,..:ld: last year TV's and not this years im saying 4k shouldn't be a prerequisite

I’ll keep it real for watching TV/movies I don’t get that much 4k content outside of netflix and hulu and w/ those you have to be careful cuz you can go over your monthly internet cable data limit depending on how much TV you watch...but most of the shows I watch are still in 1080...gaming is a different story...most of my games are 4k and the difference is notable...also what works to his benefit is the price gap has closed substantially between 720/1080 TVs vs. the “regular” 4k w/ HDR joints...so he honestly wouldn’t be breaking the bank or spending that much more to step up to a 4k tv...he can legit get a high quality/brand name 55” 4k TV for $350 @ bestbuy right this minute...checking their inventory he would save “only” $100 buying a same size no-name 720/1080 TV...unless that $100 is crucial it’s worth it to just step up to 4k imo

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukk it. Wait for Black Friday and get a 70” smart TV with as many bells and whistles as you cha afford and make sure they content you play on it isn’t flabby.

he can get a 70” LG for $700 right now...so there’s a good chance he might see it come down closer to his budget on black fri. :ehh:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2 months after Black Friday isn't a long wait and better TV's are on sale

not from my experience and there are many articles debunking this myth...anyway it’s up to the OP...I’ve offered more than enough advice...no need for me to go back and forth

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's what I would do if you could wait.

what’s the difference visually if it’s possible to explain?

I’m really curious about the 4k cinema HDR

is the difference nite/day like the jump from 1080 to 4k?

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what’s the difference visually if it’s possible to explain?

I’m really curious about the 4k cinema HDR

is the difference nite/day like the jump from 1080 to 4k?
I'm not an expert on TV technology so if I'm wrong someone please correct me. You can definitely tell the difference between 1080 and 4k. It's not as big of a jump as SD to HD. What i notice that most is yes there's a lot more detail in the picture shown, but the colors are also way more vibrant. There's not much 4k content out there though. I mainly watch 4k via amazon prime tv shows.

So that's 4k. OLED is a type of TV, like how there are LCD tv's and plasma tv's. These LED tv's that they sell now are basically LCD screens with an LED backlight. An OLED is an LCD screen but instead of an LED backlight lighting up areas of the screen, there is an led lighting up every individual pixel. That makes colors way more accurate (especially dark scenes).

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not an expert on TV technology so if I'm wrong someone please correct me. You can definitely tell the difference between 1080 and 4k. It's not as big of a jump as SD to HD. What i notice that most is yes there's a lot more detail in the picture shown, but the colors are also way more vibrant. There's not much 4k content out there though. I mainly watch 4k via amazon prime tv shows.

So that's 4k. OLED is a type of TV, like how there are LCD tv's and plasma tv's. These LED tv's that they sell now are basically LCD screens with an LED backlight. An OLED is an LCD screen but instead of an LED backlight lighting up areas of the screen, there is an led lighting up every individual pixel. That makes colors way more accurate (especially dark scenes).

yes I know there’s a vast difference between 1080 and 4k...that’s why I said it

I was asking tho if the difference between LCD/LED v. OLED as far as viewing quality as notable?

I appreciate the part in bold tho...I didn’t fully get the fundamental difference

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes I know there’s a vast difference between 1080 and 4k...that’s why I said it

I was asking tho if the difference between LCD/LED v. OLED as far as viewing quality as notable?

I appreciate the part in bold tho...I didn’t fully get the fundamental difference
To me it’s notable. I got a led tv in my bedroom and watching movies especially dark scenes there’s always a bit of white light bleeding onto things that should be completely black. On an OLED blacks are truly black. Colors just pop more on an OLED imo

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To me it’s notable. I got a led tv in my bedroom and watching movies especially dark scenes there’s always a bit of white light bleeding onto things that should be completely black. On an OLED blacks are truly black. Colors just pop more on an OLED imo

I just looked up the price of a 65” joint (I want a new 75” tho) and :merchant:

I don’t doubt that there’s a notable difference but for that price I’m have pretend I don’t notice one :to: