Need a TV for my living room, should I just wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I have a LG 32 inch from 2010 in the bedroom and but I want to get the living room right.

Any suggestions from y'all TV snobs?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LED TVs are relatively cheap now...if you have a specific size/budget you may not even have to wait for black fri.

if you’re comfortable w/ LG...you can get a respectable 65” for just over $550...you could get a samsung (my preferred choice) @ the same size for $550 on the nose as well

*if that’s too huge a jump for you...a very solid 50-55” LED LG/samsung TV can be bought right now for $300-500...you can of course wait around to see if you get them cheaper on black fri....if not tho these are pretty great prices imo...that 32” probably cost more than $300 back in 2010

Last edited:

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
LED TVs are relatively cheap now...if you have a specific size/budget you may not even have to wait for black fri.

if you’re comfortable w/ LG...you can get a respectable 65” for just over $550...you could get a samsung (my preferred choice) @ the same size for $550 on the nose as well

*if that’s too huge a jump for you...a very solid 50-55” LED LG/samsung TV can be bought right now for $300-500...you can of course wait around to see if you get them cheaper on black fri....if not tho these are pretty great prices imo...that 32” probably cost more than $300 back in 2010
I bought it on black Friday for 500 :damn::mindblown:. I had to go check my old orders.

But yes I just want something that's gonna be good for gaming and sports. 4k with HDR also

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I bought it on black Friday for 500 :damn::mindblown:. I had to go check my old orders.

But yes I just want something that's gonna be good for gaming and sports. 4k with HDR also

ya everything I mentioned is 4k w/ HDR which is suitable for what you want...the new shyt tho is 4k w/ 4k cinema HDR which I can’t really speak on but from the price and the specs it’s evidently superior to the “regular” 4k HDR TVs...my first LCD was a 32” 1080p joint that I had for years that I think I paid about $600 for...so when I finally upgraded to a regular 4k HDR TV that was bigger and half the price I couldn’t complain @ all...but I am curious about the 4k cinema HDR joints...maybe someone can shed some light in those

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
ya everything I mentioned is 4k w/ HDR which is suitable for what you want...the new shyt tho is 4k w/ 4k cinema HDR which I can’t really speak on but from the price and the specs it’s evidently superior to the “regular” 4k HDR TVs...my first LCD was a 32” 1080p joint that I had for years that I think I paid about $600 for...so when I finally upgraded to a regular 4k HDR TV that was bigger and half the price I couldn’t complain @ all...but I am curious about the 4k cinema HDR joints...maybe someone can shed some light in those
I was at Best buy today seen some nice LGs. Qled and Oled are some new stuff the sales man was talking about

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
500 hundred

yep...4k w/ HDR...the only question is the size...you could definitely get a quality brand 65” @ that price on black fri. depending on availability

shyt you might even be able to get one sooner if you check slickdeals.net everyday between now and black fri. for a samsung or LG @ that size

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was at Best buy today seen some nice LGs. Qled and Oled are some new stuff the sales man was talking about

w/ a $500 budget an LED is absolutely fine for what you want...looking @ the prices OLEDs are not gonna come down that much for black fri. and I never bothered looking into QLEDs

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn walmart just had an in-store deal for a 65” LG 4k HDR joint for $154 that was advertised on slickdeals about a week ago...those deals are had to snag tho bcuz employees be hiding them shyts for themselves and lying and saying they’re sold out...keep checking slickdeals tho...I check their site every day for deals...throughout the year stores have better sales than they do on black fri. I get so much good deals during the course of the year that by the time black fri. rolls around there ain’t really shyt I need...this has been the case for the last few years now lol

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
damn walmart just had an in-store deal for a 65” LG 4k HDR joint for $154 that was advertised on slickdeals about a week ago...those deals are had to snag tho bcuz employees be hiding them shyts for themselves and lying and saying they’re sold out...keep checking slickdeals tho...I check their site every day for deals...throughout the year stores have better sales than they do on black fri. I get so much good deals during the course of the year that by the time black fri. rolls around there ain’t really shyt I need...this has been the case for the last few years now lol
Wow, that's an insane deal.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow, that's an insane deal.

ya it happens a lot w/ walmart but they’re usually YMMV...you’d practically have to be in walmart or close to one when you get an alert for that deal cuz the managers/employees get on their fukk shyt fast as hell...sometimes you might meet a decent employee who will go in the back and get one for you

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Get something big and nice don't worry about 4k tho...:what: if you don't have 4k media it's not worth paying extra... Just get the biggest tv you can find IMO...:ld:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Get something big and nice don't worry about 4k tho...:what: if you don't have 4k media it's not worth paying extra... Just get the biggest tv you can find IMO...:ld:

I’m not tryna be funny but do they even sell non-4k TVs anywhere other than in thrift stores in 2019? :patrice:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I’m not tryna be funny but do they even sell non-4k TVs anywhere other than in thrift stores in 2019? :patrice:
Last time I looked there was a few TV's out there without 4k but as you know technology moves fast so 4k now can be the standard,..:ld: last year TV's and not this years im saying 4k shouldn't be a prerequisite