Nearly 60% of Americans support increasing top marginal tax rate to 70% for incomes over $10M

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
False. It's not aggressive enough. In Scandinavia they tax everyone making over 60,000 at a near 50% clip. AOC recommendation is quite same compared to what better functioning countries do.

Progressivity%20of%20Scandanavian%20and%20US%20Income%20Taxes.png

How Scandinavian Countries Pay for Their Government Spending
And they have better services...to assume the us will flip a switch and create better social and government services simply because they’re getting more money in is to ignore basically our entire history of government over the past 100 years.

Y’all gotta stop holding up these homogenous societies to the US as if racial dynamics aren’t the reason we can’t operate like them, no matter the money. If the us raises taxes it’ll be for naught

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
70%??? are yall fukking crazy??? that shyt is way too high... :dahell: why do people have to pay for your inability to run a government??
70% is outrageous
Is she promising MTV during study hall, and pizza for lunch every day? :mjlol:

Keep dreaming...this is America lol
fukk no.

And don’t even think about raising capital gains :demonic:

It's going to happen in our lifetimes. 70% was the top marginal tax rate less than 40 years ago.

Watch Capital Gains goes towards 30% and the Corporate Tax will go back to 30% :mjgrin:

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
fukk tax increases, the government already has enough money but I still see tons of poverty and mismanagement. Work wonders with what you have already first before you think about raising taxes again. :camby:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
fukk tax increases, the government already has enough money but I still see tons of poverty and mismanagement. Work wonders with what you have already first before you think about raising taxes again. :camby:

I agree. Rollback the tax cuts, stop corporate welfare, start bringing home [responsibly] the military, end the war on Weed, stop funding private prisons, stop making criminality a profit venture, drop the Wall, and open government. The government waste is appalling.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
And they have better services...to assume the us will flip a switch and create better social and government services simply because they’re getting more money in is to ignore basically our entire history of government over the past 100 years.

Y’all gotta stop holding up these homogenous societies to the US as if racial dynamics aren’t the reason we can’t operate like them, no matter the money. If the us raises taxes it’ll be for naught

You have to also remember, the GOP administrations in the last 30 years have intentionally done things to make government NOT work efficiently so that they can sell that 'government is the problem' to lower tax revenue and continue to build upon the empire.

You make over $10M? You a major corporation sitting on billions of profits buying back your own stock? Raising taxes on the ruling class is long overdue.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
bro EVERYBODY is looking for ways to cut them taxes.

From folks making $50K, to multimillionaires.
Steph makes enough money, and knows enough people to hit every damn loophole in the world.

Im sure he's taken care of (I forgot he's in Cali though).

But still...
...I realize this board is full of young folks...
...but trust, once yall get out into the real world and start paying taxes, and paying attention to what the Gov does with your money...yall will change up how you look at this shyt.

I have yet to talk to a black person that was a business person/entrepreneur/hustler that was into raising taxes.

I'm a business owner and I'm ok with the increase its not as dramatic as it's being made out to be. I'm not making 10 million a year, but if its a gradual increase based on income, I think that's reasonable with some tweaks.