Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
:wow:

Looks like the move from Auburn Hills backfired.. it's even worse now :scust:

Detroit is no longer an NBA town, hasn't been so in 10 years.. this is embarrassing for the league..

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
:picard: fukkin' Detroit can't get a solid 12-13k in the arena for an NBA game? I mean yeah it's the Jazz but at least it's not an act of absurd futility like supporting the Lions ...

DaRock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Give people more respect.. they drove 45 minutes to Auburn Hills for a respected product..just cause it's downtown Detroit doesn't mean you give your money away for something that's closer but still not worth your funds...

Playeroni

Aka Nasty Neighbor #CREEPLIFE
Daps
They’re trash. No one is gonna drive downtown,pay for parking, walk in the fukking cold to watch trash. Hot and readys are $15 in there. I’m not fukking with them clowns.Maybe we would come out if SVG drafted somebody exciting to watch like Donovan Mitchell and not Luke fukking Kennard:scust:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Pistons are a distant fourth on the Detroit sports landscape. If they aren't very competitive, nobody gives a shyt about them. They haven't had a true star player since Grant Hill either.

The other three franchises can weather some lean years, but the Pistons bring about total apathy when they're down.

MercuryHayes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stationed in Antarctica, Coldest Niggga Alive
Pistons moving to downtown wasn't some thing everyone knew about for a couple years like most arena buildups have

this was the red wings arena for years and the pistons were added to it last spring.

If you expect the suburban season ticket holders to drive to detroit and not think they have a sour taste in their mouth from the pistons leaving the palace abrupt as hell...youre crazy

if you expect people closer to Detroit to pay overpriced tickets for a Direction and identityless organization who drafts white guys who dont play defense while constantly preaching defense but you passed up donovan mitchell when he EXPECTED TO BE A PISTON...you're crazy.

The pistons currently are the only organization in the NBA with championship predigree and DNA who've lost all of their identity to an owner from michigan but living in LA and a bum in SVG whos act is more than tired now.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a bandwagon element to it...if they start winning consistently folks will buy tickets.

But it's deeper than that though. If you went to a game at the Palace it was 70-75% white folks. The thought was when you move back to city black folks would show up in a major way. The way the Pistons have been marketed since it was announced they'd return downtown has been directly to attract black folks. Every commercial and ad is almost completely comprised of shots with black fans and black people in the city.

For whatever reason they aren't coming to the games. You go to a barbershop or the gym and cats will talk about the Pistons all day but nobody is buying tickets.

I'd be very concerned if I was a part of the organization. It's a legitimate issue.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Pistons are a distant fourth on the Detroit sports landscape. If they aren't very competitive, nobody gives a shyt about them. They haven't had a true star player since Grant Hill either.

The other three franchises can weather some lean years, but the Pistons bring about total apathy when they're down.

Its crazy how a mostly black town would care more about hockey and baseball. I guess its the truth tho

Mentch15

Banned
Daps
Maybe if the team hadn't been run so poorly the last decade people would be more willing to come out and watch them. Gotta blame dumars for this one

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Naw, there's something else going on.

Hell, even terrible teams like the Kings, Magic, Bulls etc draw 14-17k

Pistons have been embarrassing for 5-6 years now with attendance
The Pistons draw 17,280 per game.

The scary thing is that 11 teams draw less than they do :merchant: