• Hell Naw

• Hell Yea

• Maybe

• fukk 2K

Results are only viewable after voting.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Live has sucked pretty much for 15 years. I dunno why people want it back. This could have possibly happened to Madden as well if 2K was allowed to continue making footbal games. Maybe that's going too far but 2K is just better at making those two sports games.

Question should be why isn't another developer trying to tackle Sim ball? Would be nice to have another option at some point.
:mjlol:NBA Live has always been more fun than 2K, 2K just had them on the simulation aspect of it. What put 2k over the top was the Myplayer mode. That was their bread winner. What did them in was 2K making their myplayer mode pay to win, and not putting any effort into their other modes.

Add to that the fact that stupid unrealistic shyt like standing still under the backboard makes a Center unable to score, and being able to slide back out from under the basket to the 3 line to contest a kick out is some of the many examples of why 2k fell off.

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2K won the comp fair and square unlike EA who killed all the competition with the move they made on Madden. EA is still allowed to do Live but they choose not to. Unlike what they did with football, they got beat straight up on hoops and tucked their tail and ran.

This.

End thread

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
:mjlol:NBA Live has always been more fun than 2K, 2K just had them on the simulation aspect of it. What put 2k over the top was the Myplayer mode. That was their bread winner. What did them in was 2K making their myplayer mode pay to win, and not putting any effort into their other modes.

Add to that the fact that stupid unrealistic shyt like standing still under the backboard makes a Center unable to score, and being able to slide back out from under the basket to the 3 line to contest a kick out is some of the many examples of why 2k fell off.
Last Live that was good had D Wade on the cover on the PS2 :pachaha:

My mistake, that's 17 years ago :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
EA basically gave up the NBA to 2K to focus on the NFL. In the 16 bit days Live was good but later on it just wasn’t a good product. The last one was so bad they just cancelled it and moved on.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They turned into what NBA Live was. 2K hasn't been great since 2K17. The victim became the bully. It's over

Nah, that was EA's fault for making shytty basketball but 2K did it better. I agree with about 2K hasn't been great since then so more like they are just turned into Madden.

However, EA is a bytch for buying an NFL license so they are afraid that 2K might take over NFL video games too as they did with the NBA video game.

Again, fukk EA. I might forgive them if they dropped the new Fight Night video game. I don't care about NBA Live anymore. All I care about is the damn Boxing (Fight Night).

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
It’s over with. I actually had fun with the demo for the last one. Sad that 2k is the only option now.
Yup. The last NBA Live game wasn't bad either. We need another basketball competitor outside of 2K though b/c if all we gone get is 2K every year then it's either pass or buy every other year. I used to do the same shyt w/Live.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Obligatory

Had Rondo out there like

shawty-lo-dey-know.gif