NBA Live 20 Dead

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Nah this is amazing
someone else called this in the other thread
They probably wont, but they are tooling up for the next generation systems and getting a huge lead on 2k
If they can get animations and shooting down, this may be absolutely phenomenal.

Imagine finally playing on stable servers.
:russ: you dudes are as loss as EA if you believe this. This sport franchise is finished

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don’t know anything about game development so this might be a dumb question, but why can’t they just copy NBA 2k’s engine and use that ass a base for developing their own game? Businesses take other companies processes and make it their own all the time. I know it’s not that cut and dry but that’s the strategy I would try and take.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I don’t know anything about game development so this might be a dumb question, but why can’t they just copy NBA 2k’s engine and use that ass a base for developing their own game? Businesses take other companies processes and make it their own all the time. I know it’s not that cut and dry but that’s the strategy I would try and take.
Game engines are proprietary to the developer with exceptions like Unreal.

e001

Superstar
Daps
Unless they can get the players, youtubers and the NBA to hype up their game, they have no chance. They need to drop that bag on everybody so nobody can talk about 2K on their platform. Or they can cross the line and buy the exclusivity of the NBA brand.

2K is trash, just like FIFA, but they do exactly the same thing when it's time to drop a new game, and it works every time even though they drop the same shyt every year. If EA can slow down 2K's promotion, Live might not release already dead.

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Damn, 2K really ended these nikkas for life. Live was my childhood, at least up until about NBA 2K5. Glad it's over for them with Live.

Wish 2K got to do the same to Madden :pacspit: would've ended these nikkas chapter too if EA ain't pull that bytch move with the NFL. They've literally made the same game every year since 2006, lightly tweaking player mechanics but barely and nikkas eat it up cause it's nothing else on the market. If 2K ever gets that licensing back, Madden is next :camby:

EA didn't pull a bytch move with the NFL. The NFL got pissed because Sega priced 2K for 20 bucks. The NFL said their product was not a budget bin product and looked to sell the rights exclusively to someone who would sell at full price.

If Sega never did that 20 dollar shyt they would have had at least a couple more years of making NFL games.

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
That's the problem.

In the beginning they were selling unexpectedly well, so EA did what EA does and flooded the market with subpar sequels that didn't live up the previous entries. When those games stopped selling, EA just shut it all down instead of realizing that rushing poor quality yearly releases was not such a good idea. We didn't need a NFL street, NBA street, fifa street, SSX game , every few months. Especially if there's a noticable drop in quality with each new iteration.

The teams making those games weren't very big in the first place, so they had no room to improve on the formula when EA was breathing down their necks to put new games out in such a short time span.

Yeah, ppl forget that Street 3 & Homecoming were meh.