NBA Live 20 Dead

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
In light of of the glitch filled mess that is WWE 2k20, and the bullshyt that is Madden 20 & NBA 2K20 it's time companies release sports games every other year. The funny thing is that NBA Live has actually been the more enjoyable game these last 2 years.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Nah this is amazing
someone else called this in the other thread
They probably wont, but they are tooling up for the next generation systems and getting a huge lead on 2k
If they can get animations and shooting down, this may be absolutely phenomenal.

Imagine finally playing on stable servers.

:mjlol:

So 2k not working on newer consoles too?

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Nah this is amazing
someone else called this in the other thread
They probably wont, but they are tooling up for the next generation systems and getting a huge lead on 2k
If they can get animations and shooting down, this may be absolutely phenomenal.

Imagine finally playing on stable servers.
I’m leaning towards this being a good thing as well.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
:mjlol:

So 2k not working on newer consoles too?

nah you're right. I dunno if the shot stick is patented but Live needs something... if they can never get the shot stick, they might as well work on some other shyt. I'm personally not a Live fan, havent been since Tmac and Yao Ming were in it.

I’m leaning towards this being a good thing as well.
I think so, but also I do think they could majorly fumble this shyt like everything else. This is their best chance though. If I was Live, I'd lie to NBA players and tell them they were doing work for 2k and secretly tape and record shyt for myself :russ:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That’s why EA in the position they are in. We got older and outgrew those type games.
That's not why those type of games died. EA shut down the "EA Sports BIG" development teams after forcing them to rush out poor quality sports games in yearly releases. This happened during the ps2 era when we were still young.

We didn't outgrow them, they just became trash.

EA gonna EA tho.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
That's not why those type of games died. EA shut down the "EA Sports BIG" development teams after forcing them to rush out poor quality sports games in yearly releases. This happened during the ps2 era when we were still young.
If those games sold or had the possibility of selling please believe EA would still make them.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
If those games sold or had the possibility of selling please believe EA would still make them.
That's the problem.

In the beginning they were selling unexpectedly well, so EA did what EA does and flooded the market with subpar sequels that didn't live up the previous entries. When those games stopped selling, EA just shut it all down instead of realizing that rushing poor quality yearly releases was not such a good idea. We didn't need a NFL street, NBA street, fifa street, SSX game , every few months. Especially if there's a noticable drop in quality with each new iteration.

The teams making those games weren't very big in the first place, so they had no room to improve on the formula when EA was breathing down their necks to put new games out in such a short time span.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
In light of of the glitch filled mess that is WWE 2k20, and the bullshyt that is Madden 20 & NBA 2K20 it's time companies release sports games every other year. The funny thing is that NBA Live has actually been the more enjoyable game these last 2 years.

Answer me this.... Is it the same studio working on the same sports games each year? With other games and franchises, some companies rotated between development teams each year.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Answer me this.... Is it the same studio working on the same sports games each year? With other games and franchises, some companies rotated between development teams each year.
VC makes the NBA & WWE games and Tiburon has been in charge of the Madden games since the beginning. I give VC a slight pass for the WWE 2K20 debacle because Yukes left them and this was their first time doing it alone, but VC doesn't get a pass for the horrible NBA 2K20 since they have had 2 decades of experience with that franchise.