NBA Live 14 Review Thread

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
NBA Live 2003 and 2004 were pure, unadulterated piffery at the highest level

:whoa: live 2003 was the piff. thats the one with jason kidd on the front I believe while he was on the nets. but 2004 was awful. thats the one with :flabbynsick: steve francis on the cover. they introduced cheesy special moves for a lot of cats. so if you had a cat with a shooting ability, they would NEVER miss 3 pointers.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
:whoa: live 2003 was the piff. thats the one with jason kidd on the front I believe while he was on the nets. but 2004 was awful. thats the one with :flabbynsick: steve francis on the cover. they introduced cheesy special moves for a lot of cats. so if you had a cat with a shooting ability, they would NEVER miss 3 pointers.
Nah, I liked 2004 too.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I heard some of you ungrateful nikkas mention you were gonna buy this because 2K is supposedly so frustrating...y'all might wanna reconsider :mjpls:

IGN (4.3): http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/19/nba-live-14-review

michael-jordan-laughing.gif
Well since the game was reviewed by a guy who isn't really a "sports guy" like that. I'll still hold out hope that the gameplay is up to par :patrice:

I never said I expect it to be, I said hold out hope :birdman:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I know man. I took the blinders off after ESPN NBA Basketball (back in 2003). I was a bad live dikkrider too, but had to give it the :camby:

PS1 era was dope, but once the PS2/Dreamcast/Xbox era started, 2K has been running shyt. Sad part is Visual Concepts (2K) used to develop for EA Sports.....the fukkin irony of getting killed by your former team...

Live in 98 in college..... :ahh:

Lakers vs Celtics, Bulls Blazers, NBA Showdown, Live 95...... :to:

Complacency and greed will kill you.

I'm like you. I been playing live since 95. and bulls blazers and lakers celtics in the 16 bit era. I rode with live all the way thru SNES/Genesis to PSone and PS2.

the ONLY reason I even tried NBA 2K was cuz when I first copped my PS3 at launch, that was the ONLY bball game available and I rented it. I was like :mindblown: at how dope it was. this was NBA 2k7 I believe. it had shaq on the cover.

nba2k7.jpg

from there on, I was sold on 2k. never went back to NBA live. I tried a couple of the demos including the disastrous NBA elite demo, but I probably would NEVER go back at this point. the war has been won.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
:dahell: are you talking about? u don't fukk with 2k14?
:heh:

I can't finish one game of My Career without turning the shyt off. It's only fun playing with my cousins, when we create our players and start our own team. But you can't even do that in 2K14 Next Gen :wtf:

Why the step back?

Wtf is this corny ass storyline and these cut scenes with the horrible same fukking voice actor. I just wanna play ball breh fukk all this extra shyt

2K can't even get "kickball" right....

nobody plays street ball like the bull shyt displayed in Blacktop :lupe:

Those controls..... :scusthov:

I have no interest in copping either game from all the shyt I've heard and seen. For Next Gen....

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:heh:

I can't finish one game of My Career without turning the shyt off. It's only fun playing with my cousins, when we create our players and start our own team. But you can't even do that in 2K14 Next Gen :wtf:

Why the step back?

Wtf is this corny ass storyline and these cut scenes with the horrible same fukking voice actor. I just wanna play ball breh fukk all this extra shyt

2K can't even get "kickball" right....

nobody plays street ball like the bull shyt displayed in Blacktop :lupe:

Those controls..... :scusthov:

I have no interest in copping either game from all the shyt I've heard and seen. For Next Gen....

2346111-2854907472-wtf-e.gif

nikka this shyt is piff. And it's way better than the last gen version.