• Both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I need to be like a hour or so from the water
Nashville is only a few hours from the ocean and the Great Lakes. If you drive due East or due South you would hit the Gulf of Mexico or the Atlantic Ocean. If you drive due North you will hit the Great Lakes, which are not even lakes to begin with; they are actually massive inland seas. On top of that Tennessee has massive rivers, including the Tennessee, Ohio and Mississippi.

Raleigh is in the middle of North Carolina. It is almost a 3 hours drive from Raleigh to the ocean.

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nashville is only a few hours from the ocean and the Great Lakes. If you drive due East or due South you would hit the Gulf of Mexico or the Atlantic Ocean. If you drive due North you will hit the Great Lakes, which are not even lakes to begin with; they are actually massive inland seas. On top of that Tennessee has massive rivers, including the Tennessee, Ohio and Mississippi.

Raleigh is in the middle of North Carolina. It is almost a 3 hours drive from Raleigh to the ocean.
:dahell:

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

full

powmia

Pro
Daps

Your information is WAY off about Raleigh and it's proximity to water. This is from a person that has lived in Raleigh since 1999. I left for a brief moment from 2019 to 2021 to South Nashville/Brentwood area. Raleigh to Wrightsville Beach is only 1:50 minutes, 121 miles. You can get to Myrtle Beach in 2:30 minutes. Virginia Beach is only 3 hours away. On most days it would take you nearly and hour to drive from Madison to Brentwood this is all in Davidson County.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your information is WAY off about Raleigh and it's proximity to water. This is from a person that has lived in Raleigh since 1999. I left for a brief moment from 2019 to 2021 to South Nashville/Brentwood area. Raleigh to Wrightsville Beach is only 1:50 minutes, 121 miles. You can get to Myrtle Beach in 2:30 minutes. Virginia Beach is only 3 hours away. On most days it would take you nearly and hour to drive from Madison to Brentwood this is all in Davidson County.
I was stationed over there breh. I used to drive it.

My point is that if getting to a beach is important to a person then you can get to one from Nashville. Beaches are overrated as Hell anyway, because people don't attend them as much as they pretend to. People walking around pretending that they actually live on the beach or have houses on the beach like over in Atlantic Beach, Morehead City and Beaufort are just ludicrous.

Last edited:

powmia

Pro
Daps
I was stationed over there breh. I used to drive it.
You can get to Florida beaches in 450 miles from Raleigh. Hours along the way you would pass all of the beaches in South Carolina and Georgia. By all metrics Raleigh is closer to major bodies of water than Nashville. If you like Northern Beaches you can leave Raleigh and get to the Jersey Shore or NYC beaches way before you get to Gulf Shore beaches from Nashville.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can get to Florida beaches in 450 miles from Raleigh. Hours along the way you would pass all of the beaches in South Carolina and Georgia. By all metrics Raleigh is closer to major bodies of water than Nashville. If you like Northern Beaches you can leave Raleigh and get to the Jersey Shore or NYC beaches way before you get to Gulf Shore beaches from Nashville.
It is a ludicrous assessment. If beaches are important to people then they can literally get to one in short order from Tennessee. The State literally borders multiple States that have beaches. So if people want to visit a place like Destin they can get there in a reasonable period of time. After spending years in the Navy I can promise you that beaches don't mean that much to me.