Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
When people said hell no to a Nas & Swizz Beats album...y'all remember that...:mjlol:

Yeah i was 1 of them :shaq2:

NOW....

If the albums like these 2 joints on this album....

tenor.gif

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Almost done gonna have to do a repeat immeadiately. Standouts so far:
No Bad Energy
Vernon Family
Lost Freestyle
Who Are You
The Art of It

Taco

All Star
Daps
cohesive breh?

It’s a compilation album of unreleased tracks that span from the last 14 years :mjlol:

Lost Tapes original sounded cohesive because most songs were unreleased from the same album...
Read a little slower. I meant the bars don’t go with the music. Well aware that this is a compilation track.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I honestly can't see how dudes DON'T have Alc as Top 5 ever now. What other producer can you name has been this consistently great for this long of a period of time? fukking dude has no period where he disappeared or his beats fell off AND he produces full projects. fukking incredible if you think about it.
No doubt. The funny thing is this year is shaping up to be his lowest output ever since 1997/1998.

@savoutch has a dope list of his credits and even without including collaboration or compilation albums i don’t think he has any years with less than 30 placements on songs until you get back to like 1998. Pretty fukking crazy considering lots of the best ones have taken entire years off. Dude is almost 25 years in the game and dropped > 45 songs last year.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The closing track is wonderful on this. Great vibes. I agree this is a tough crowd in here. Most of this production is at the very least above average or good, and the raps are very solid.

The fact that lost tapes 1 sounded more cohesive shouldn’t be a surprise since most of the songs were recorded during a shorter window, and the album itself was shorter.

For a follow up almost 20 years later this ain’t bad at all.

Edit: and I can’t believe both Swizz tracks were this good