Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
ya'll nikkas weren't wrong about tanasia got me like

tumblr_m3ely4njjx1rudmq6o1_500.gif
What's the verdict on the song?

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
royalty was:francis: but who are you:blessed:

edit: the end of your comfort zone is the beginning of your life:wow::wow:

Last edited:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
No bad energy gives you the same feeling LOst tapes 1 gave you...perfect way to set the tone.

Somebody link that merch site. I can’t pull it up on the phone

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Beat on here is not garbage. And I don't see what you're seeing. Alc still makes dope ass shyt. Check out his shyt with the Griselda camp. Maybe you not a fan of some of the drumless shyt he's been doing over the past few years.
The funny thing too is he’s pretty much off the drumless wave and messing around with hard drinks but less added bass lines. Dude is always trying some new shyt. I think the few years of drumless or light drum loops pissed off a fair amount of people to the point where they either think he’s still doing it or it soured them and they’re not interested anymore.

I do think he leaned a little bit heavy into it, but it’s also become a larger wave on its own on the new New York scene. So if cats don’t like hearing it from other producers it’s easy to blame Roc Marci and Alchemist for helping it become trendy.

:yeshrug:

The funny shyt is RZA was doing drumless beats over 20 years ago and no one was mad it it.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I'm not saying this is godly off my first listen, but when I hit 'Play' on 'No Bad Energy' the clouds parted, a single beam of light shone down on me and a dove landed on my shoulder.

Goddamn. The GOAT is back. :qbsalute:

That imagery :dead: