Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Adult Film sounds a lot better than I thought it would, nice piano beat, I can do without Swizzy singing tho

So we still aren't getting the one beat Swizz was listening too on that clip where he has Illmatic cut in his head? Nas ans Swizz still got more?

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
giphy.gif

Album can’t come here fast enough

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
So we still aren't getting the one beat Swizz was listening too on that clip where he has Illmatic cut in his head? Nas ans Swizz still got more?

Swizz has stated that he and Nas created an entire album project together (this came out around the time that Nasir dropped)....who knows if it will ever see the light of day in its entirety.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Does he go in depth about his as P’s issues?

Does he speak at all about Havoc? The situation with Lake? Sherm? The Central Park concert/fight? Mega?
Yeah a little bit, he speaks about the mural being defaced and how he wish P didn't put the book out, since things didn't get smooth out with others. He also gave a shout out to the other Qb legends.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Adult Film isn't just a sex joint as Statik pointed out, it's on some grown man relationship shyt

War Against Love is political, he's droppin knowledge about different countries plus talkin about empowerment

Beautiful Life he touches on Carmen writing her book, says her being with Jay is not why the beef started and talks about dealing with gossip while being famous

Also funny shyt...Kool Keith was on the show and I think Statik wanted to get more songs off but some dude called it and had like a 10 minute convo with Keith about Foot Locker and New Jersey Drive...Keith also kicked some funny ass rhymes, said he bought a Rolls off getting sampled on Take It In Blood and also claimed Tim Dog is still alive :mjlol:

If anyone can fake their death, it’s Tim Dog.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its dope, although my first impression was that Nas didn't rip it the way he is capable of ripping it. Out of all the songs Statik played the standout ones to me were QB politics and the Lost Freestyle. He went in for about 2 1/2 minutes on the lost freestyle just like the snippet. All of the songs played were 4/5 or better, and it's already better than Nasir...

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its dope, although my first impression was that Nas didn't rip it the way he is capable of ripping it. Out of all the songs Statik played the standout ones to me were QB politics and the Lost Freestyle. He went in for about 2 1/2 minutes on the lost freestyle just like the snippet. All of the songs played were 4/5 or better, and it's already better than Nasir...
:blessed:Can't Wait

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY

man listen!! that joint right there is crazy, need to hear that one bad. but i just copped to support the goat, can't wait to listen, going to see him live on 7/20 too in myrtle beach. i hope it end before the keith thurman and pacman fight start lol

that one need to be on an album and heard by the world. just the snippet of the sample swizz was playing sounded amazing!