Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
"Everything" did not need Kanye AT ALL, lost points for that. Adam & Eve is just :ld:.

Honestly, I'd put this in his bottom 5 albums/projects.

It’s weird because the beats are too decent to bottom it there and while I don’t think Nas has lost an ability to rap like some people are stupidly saying (Adam and Eve) there feels something missing in the content you hope for in all his albums But given the circumstances of how this was put together it makes sense

I’m more annoyed this may temper excitement for when he does properly release another album

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
IDK, I rock with that "the cop shot the kid", plus that's definitely a "new nas" we haven't heard yet so i can't understand why you all so mad?

btw kanye was playing slick ricky lately ah? "Believe it or not", "the cop shot the kid"
shyt hard... sample was annoying me a bit lol

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah?
Ye had been losing me musically for sometime but then he did that ignorant ass TMZ and that's where i was officially done w/ him and his music.
I ain't heard none of his music or the new music he's released since that TMZ interview.
:salute: yeah, I'm probably going to listen to this Nas and keep it pushing. His camp didn't rebuke his ludicrous comments, so they can kick rocks too tbh.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
:salute: yeah, I'm probably going to listen to this Nas and keep it pushing. His camp didn't rebuke his ludicrous comments, so they can kick rocks too tbh.

Yeah
I wonder how long Nas had been planning to work with Kanye or if this was a last minute thing, like a month or so ago.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
My opinion didn't change much with the remastered version.

I still can't stand the first 3 songs.

And the first one got even worse with Puff screaming all over it. Awful hook.

Cops and White Label have overbearing and obnoxious samples.

But from Bonjour on I'll give it that it goes. That's a dope song. Too smooth.

Adam and Eve is still the clear standout. Just phenomenal.

I had issues with Everything on first listen because it sounded like it was something else before and they just threw Nas in on it. Kind of like The Weeknd songs he gives someone else. But it is a good song and will be in rotation.

Simple things I don't care for the beat too much but I appreciate the effort, but its kinda short and forgettable.

So the same 2-3 songs are still my favorites