Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
And this Cops delusion? Well...y'all probably thought "Who Killed It?" was flames when HHID dropped :dayum:

you comparing a song where he was doing a fake James Cagney accent over a basic ass kick and clap to this new Slick Rick sampled pifff :dahell:

Cops is the most hip hop song you'll hear this year from a non-underground artist, fukk outta here with the hate :camby:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
you comparing a song where he was doing a fake James Cagney accent over a basic ass kick and clap to this new Slick Rick sampled pifff :dahell:

Cops is the most hip hop song you'll hear this year from a non-underground artist, fukk outta here with the hate :camby:
Calm your happy ass down

Daps
Never understood the Streets Disciple hate??
Yeah it had some fillers (too many) but in the age of cd & mp3 just skip those. Bulk of album was great.
Message To The Feds
Nazareth Savage
These are Our Heroes
Sekou Story
Live Now
Rest Of My Life
Streets Disciple
UBR
Remembering the times
Bridging the gap
War
Me & You
Thiefs Theme

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Is it safe to assume this isn't the Nas album we've been hearing about for the past few years, this is maybe a side project and we're going to get anther Nas album soon? No way it took him 4 years to make 7 tracks

Well this is obvious breh. I'd look at this more like a bonus EP.

I’m annoyed to wake up and not see this shyt on Spotify or Apple Music.

The rollout for these albums has been atrocious

No doubt. I don't know why you announce an album release in the streaming era and not drop it at 12:01AM. That's what everyone else does. Plus it gets people hype waiting to be the first to hear it. Now folks have moved onto to other stuff with their day.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
This is the first Nas project in a while that didn’t have a heavy theme/concept. Usually it feels like he has a lot to get off his chest, which I respect, but it’s kinda cool to hear him sound like he’s just having fun in the studio and trying different things. Especially at this point in his career.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas said it himself on this album people buy his albums to hear his lyrics. And i know i do. So the beats will always be secondary to me on any Nas album.. if he spitting fire they just add to it cant take nothing away for me

It’s still MUSIC if I just wanted lyrics I’d listen to poetry slam.

Nas is the greatest writer/lyricist maybe ever but his poor ear for beats and ability to craft songs is why his catalogue isn’t as good as it should be.