Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How embarrassing.

You release your album in your own hood and your own community walks out.

Come on Nas do better.

Pusha had the album of the year.

Yall killed me last week when i said how he needs to go to rehab for that alcohol addiction after that TMZ clip and yall claimed i'm exaggerating and that he was just in Vegas having fun

Now the same people who said that to me are saying that he sounds drunk and uninspired :beli:

The issue with Nas is he has no motivation now. I don't think its a question of Kanye overproducing or singing, this is on Nas himself.

Don't forget Nas is a reactionary artist as most musicians are. Part of Life Is Good's greatness was the fact Nas was emotionally putting on paper his feelings about his daughter and the issues he was having with her, his ex wife, his child support, his tax issues and having to work his ass off to get more money, in addition to what the blogs was saying about his daughter and him as a parent and whether he was good or not.

On this project he had nothing to really talk about. I think even the biggest Nas fan in here can admit the Reagan line and other lines in the first song were forced as hell.

Remember this Tweet:

Bottom line artists work better when they have motivation. Especially when they are vets like Nas who have had their foot in the game for a minute.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
On second listen , I liked it a bit better.

I like Nas lyrically on the entire project.

Only 2 beats I really didn't like.

And 1 was aaiihhhh

Very impressed that at this age, this long in the game he can still deliver with the pen like he did.

Wall

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Hong Kong
As long as you go in KNOWING this is a joint project from Nas/Ye and Kanye production def gets more shine time than the beats on most Nas projects, this collab really works for me and the project is FIRE. :wow:

Can not wait to get the Spotify and go through this again.