Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
We seen this with everyone he worked with since Illmatic though. Trackmasters was public enemy number one, now everyone love that album. Then it was Salaam Remi, now everyone want him to work with Salaam again. Dudes was complaining about No I.D. and Salaam on LIG. Then the other guy do a grown man rap album with No I.D. five years and it's a smart move. Whoever he work with next it's gonna be the same complaints unless it's Premier, Large Pro and Pete Rock.

I get it if someone don't like Hit. But it's obvious there's certain dudes out there whether it's Twitter or on here that already got their negative review complaining about Hit typed up before they heard one song.

Nas was talking about people like him on "TSK" and that's one of the songs he hated the most. You can't make this shyt up. :mjlol:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
From David Kim (Engineer for all the albums) via Stationhead

The album was done then Wayne sent his verse last night, the song got mixed this morning

When Nas was saying on Magic 2 the next album is half done, he was lying. The album is 1.5-1 month old

The King’s Disease & Magic run is over. But there could still be a chance Nas & Hit-Boy makes another album in the future

They hadn't even started working on this album yet?! :mjtf:

These guys are mentally insane. Artists spend months working on decent albums, and these two are cranking out five-mic albums by the seat of their pants. The haters don't even realize how crazy this is. :damn:

I know Magic 1 was recorded after KD2 came out, but how much time are they really spending on these albums? Did KD3 take a week? :dead:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

These guys are mentally insane. Artists spend months working on decent albums, and these two are cranking out five-mic albums by the seat of their pants. The haters don't even realize how crazy this is. :damn:

I know Magic 1 was recorded after KD2 came out, but how much time are they really spending on these albums? Did KD3 take a week? :dead:

KD3 took a little time I know for sure it was recorded while Nas was on tour with Wu. WTF SMH was finished while Nas was flying Hit Boy around the country with him so they could keep locking in

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps

crazy, that's what happens when both of you are on the same page on sound, sequencing, and when ur producer knows what u sound best on .....magic happens lol and of course am assuming they developed a nice friendship. its hard to work well with someone u dont like on a personal level