Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's the best thing about these albums. But you can say the same about Nas career. Basically every album got a different feel and approach and bring something different to the table

KD1 probably the warmest and most upbeat album he's done far as the production. It was a welcome modernization of his sound without ever feeling forced. Which was needed after 8 years away (don't really count Nasir since it was an EP recorded in a week). Album just had a real positive energy to it and is an easy listen.

KD2 is more of a throwback 90s sound with some modern touches. I prefer KD1 mainly because I prefer Blue Benz, Car 85 and The Cure over anything on KD2. And Full Circle is great track with a serious nostalgia factor. But KD2 is a great album, not many skip free 15 track albums.

Magic is the best to me though. No frills with Nas spitting like he's hungry again on every track, we gotta give Hit-Boy credit the way he's not just making beats he's being a true producer on these joints, helping Nas get in a comfort zone and craft these super cohesive projects
I couldn't agree more. Great breakdown. KD3 is about to be on another level. You know him and Hit Boy going to make this one even more special.

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
i'm expecting fire as usual- let it rock in august again like the last 2. you can tell esco is just free to make his art however he wants and got a producer he vibes with that is versatile. great match and hit-boy is a fan first so he gonna make sure he don't ruin the legacy. give him joints whether its boom bap, modern or a mix and leave enough room for him to black out.