Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Also I feel like Hit Boy was still kind of a copycat producer on KD1 and Burden of Proof. Not in a bad way. I thought he was a great copycat, but I felt like he was doing a lot of other cats styles. Just, Bink, etc. But now I think he's developed his own signature sound. He still takes elements from other producers now and then. Some of the Magic joints have some Griselda flavor, and some of the beats on KD3 have some Timbo flavor. But I still feel like it's Hit now, and not Hit copying other styles.
Also the crazy shyt is that no one else has been able to capture the magic Hit has developed with Nas. Like other rappers who try to do shyt with Hit don’t get the best out of him the way Nas does.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Im on vacation right now so I didnt intend to listen to this until sometime tomorrow but curiosity got the best of me and I had to grab my headphones. Soon as I played the intro I was like I know them boys going crazy I had to come here and check the sentiment

Currently listening to “30”. There was a poster here that said something to the effect that being a Nas fan felt like picking the winning horse - thats exactly what it is, unprecedented run.

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
Yo I’m honestly overwhelmed, I can’t even spin it back yet

I need to go for a walk or something but it’s the middle of the night and cold

I’m trying not to overreact, but I had high hopes for this and even still it just blew my fukking mind

God bless Hit for helping Nas reach his fullest potential

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
People are saying this is their least favorite from the trilogy, but I think this is the best one. Production-wise and lyrically.

Last two projects, Magic and KD3, Nas has been sounding like '97-'98 Nas to me, again. He said recently that he's been inspired lately, and you can hear it on this joint. This is the Nas that was missing for a minute. He's sounding like he's truly back in his zone again. 17 tracks, and on the first few listens, there's only like 3-4 I couldn't get with. Really dope project, so far. They went in on this one!

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
This is all truth. It’s just weird to see people complaining. I don’t understand peoples ears. Fortunately I never cared. That’s why when I make my music I trust my own instincts.
Just do you. I copped Social Drugs my nikka

You make that classic NY shyt with subtle smoothness. That’s tailor made for YOU and it goes

fukk whatever other nikkas talk about. Yeah you can switch ya style whenever you want, but fukk the critics :yeshrug:

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are saying this is their least favorite from the trilogy, but I think this is the best one. Production-wise and lyrically.

Last two projects, Magic and KD3, Nas has been sounding like '97-'98 Nas to me, again. He said recently that he's been inspired lately, and you can hear it on this joint. This is the Nas that was missing for a minute. He's sounding like he's truly back in his zone again. 17 tracks, and on the first few listens, there's only like 3-4 I couldn't get with. Really dope project, so far. They went in on this one!
I’m seeing the total opposite of people saying Nas/Hit are incredible. I agree I love the production on this.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Also I feel like Hit Boy was still kind of a copycat producer on KD1 and Burden of Proof. Not in a bad way. I thought he was a great copycat, but I felt like he was doing a lot of other cats styles. Just, Bink, etc. But now I think he's developed his own signature sound. He still takes elements from other producers now and then. Some of the Magic joints have some Griselda flavor, and some of the beats on KD3 have some Timbo flavor. But I still feel like it's Hit now, and not Hit copying other styles.
I liked Burden of Proof but yeah it was definitely diet Just Blaze and JUSTICE League

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Just do you. I copped Social Drugs my nikka

You make that classic NY shyt with subtle smoothness. That’s tailor made for YOU and it goes

fukk whatever other nikkas talk about. Yeah you can switch ya style whenever you want, but fukk the critics :yeshrug:
I def appreciate u fukkin wit my shyt bro. Same with anyone else in here who gave it a listen y’all already know who y’all are.