NAS I AM appreciation

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Half the album is some of the best music Nas has produced in his entire career (NYSOM 2, Nas is Like, Hate Me Now, Undying Love). And then the other half has shyt like "Dr. Knockboot" and "Big Things." :unimpressed:

It's a fukking shame how much bootleggers destroyed the potential of this album. I Am... is like an athlete that was on track to become one of the GOATs, but suffered an injury that almost ended their career. They're able to play again, but they're not the same athlete they were before the injury. You can almost hear what songs were made to replace the ones that leaked.

The sequencing doesn't help either because the album is top-heavy. It starts off hot, but after "Ghetto Prisoners," it falls off. Then "Nas is Like" is awkwardly placed, and "Undying Love" closes it out strongly, but this is one of the biggest examples of an album that has classic songs while not being classic itself.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I Am is the first album I ever fell in love with, I'll give it that. But it's certainly not Nas's best album or even top five, possibly not even top eight (no order - Stillmatic, It Was Written, Life Is Good, Illmatic, Lost Tapes, King's Disease 2, God's Son, Distant Relatives).

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Half the album is some of the best music Nas has produced in his entire career (NYSOM 2, Nas is Like, Hate Me Now, Undying Love). And then the other half has shyt like "Dr. Knockboot" and "Big Things." :unimpressed:

It's a fukking shame how much bootleggers destroyed the potential of this album. I Am... is like an athlete that was on track to become one of the GOATs, but suffered an injury that almost ended their career. They're able to play again, but they're not the same athlete they were before the injury. You can almost hear what songs were made to replace the ones that leaked.

The sequencing doesn't help either because the album is top-heavy. It starts off hot, but after "Ghetto Prisoners," it falls off. Then "Nas is Like" is awkwardly placed, and "Undying Love" closes it out strongly, but this is one of the biggest examples of an album that has classic songs while not being classic itself.
I Am is Derrick Rose basically.

Sean7

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Solid album but not his best. I personally like It Was Written the best and then probably Illmatic. This album was solid though, just had some filler on it. Some of his best songs were on here like you said though.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It gets hated on because of the bootleg version. Anyone got the tracklisting that was rumored.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Perfectly put, salute.

JMD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It gets hated on because of the bootleg version. Anyone got the tracklisting that was rumored.

I think this was one of the rumored tracklist...got it from Wikipedia

• 01. Fetus
  • 02. Small World
  • 03. Money Is My bytch
  • 04. Project Windows
  • 05. Poppa Was a Player
  • 06. Dr. Knockboots
  • 07. Day Dreamin' Stay Schemin'
  • 08. Sometimes I Wonder
  • 09. The Hardest Thing to Do Is Stay Alive
  • 10. Drunk by Myself
  • 11. Wanna Play
  • 12. Blaze a 50
  • 13. We Will Survive

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
I always laugh at the “rumored” track list that excludes hate me now and you want see me tonight.

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps

The "real" I Am... featuring the best tracks from the released album plus the outtakes that ended up on Nastradamus, QB Finest and Lost Tapes would be one of the GOAT albums

As is we still heard all the tracks and the final product was still solid so long run it all evened out

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I think this was one of the rumored tracklist...got it from Wikipedia

• 01. Fetus
  • 02. Small World
  • 03. Money Is My bytch
  • 04. Project Windows
  • 05. Poppa Was a Player
  • 06. Dr. Knockboots
  • 07. Day Dreamin' Stay Schemin'
  • 08. Sometimes I Wonder